2001 infiniti qx4 remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mysticalp 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kreg357,

I have the H1/2  (red) connected to the QX4 pin 1 (+) (WHITE/ green) 12V@ Ignition Harness.  WOuld that be ok?

I am trying now with the PKALL Unit out of the circuit.......

Pete
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kreg357,

I have now taken the PKall Unit out of the loop.  Believe it or not I am still getting the no start with the key.  The vehicle is doing the same thing, just trying to start, keeps cranking.........

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Did you jumoer both of the cut wires at the immobilizer?  Did you check all the fuses in the cars fuse box(s)?
Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kreg357,

I have put jumper wires as if the ignition wire at the (Ignition Barrel) was not cut.  I have also checked all the fuses and everything seems to be ok. 

When I put the key into the ignition on turn it to the on position (just before the start) all the dash lights seem to come on as usual, but I do realize that after about 3sec.  the fuel light comes on???? This never happened before.  its almost like the truck is not getting any gas.  Any ideas as to what may cause this??

Also, the door chime does not come on either. 

Pete
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

Kreg357,

You won't believe it, but I got the Truck started!!!!  (Definate Rookie MISTAKE).  When I was searching for the window wires in the kick panel, I had loosened a screw to free a plastic housing that was holding a bunch of wires.  Not realizing that it also held the connector in place.  I did not tighten it enough.  Nonetheless, it was the source of all the issues I had asked you about.  Chime, Car starting, rear hatch opening!

Now back to basics......:)

So far I have "Learned the Tach"

In Menu 3:

Menu Item 1 is set to Opt.2 (Automatic)

Menu Item 2  is set to Opt.4 (Tachometer)

Menu Item 8 is set to Opt.3 (Starter 2)

With these changes, the vehicle does not start.  On the HD remote it is telling me to "Toggle Switch Off".  I did, but I still get that message....

Thanks once again for all your patience!!!

Pete
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Did you plug in the Neutral Safety?  Did you togle it to the other position?  Make sure the hood is closed.   Getting close...
Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg357,

I have plugged in the Neutral Safety Switch and tried toggling the switch positions.....still the same message..... Am I correct with the switch pin that I installed under the hood being at H2/15 grey (-) Hood Pin Input (N/C or N/O)? DO I need to connect the H2/18 BLACK/ white (-) Nuetral Safety Input wire to ground?

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  

The Hood pin is correct.  If it sees a ground (-) it will not allow a remote start or it will shut down the engine if the hood is raised during a remote start. 

Absolutely.  There is your next problem / resolution.  For cars with automatic transmissions, Viper recommends that the Neutral Safety wire be run to chasis ground.  Here is a excerpt from the install guide:

BLACK/ WHITE Neutral safety switch input

Connect this wire to a ground source if installing this unit in an automatic transmission
vehicle. If this unit is being installed in a manual transmission vehicle
then connect it to the emergency brake wire. This input MUST rest at ground in
order for the remote start system to operate.
Important! Always perform the steps outlined in Safety Check section to verify
that the vehicle cannot be started in ANY drive gear and that the override switch
is functioning properly.

Did you re-connect the PKALL and remove the jumpers?  There should be no need to reprogram it.

Getting closer...

Soldering is fun!
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Kreg357,

Great literature.  It is definately useful, and the final wire for the remote start!  It WORKS!!  Something basic......

The only thing that I am working on is getting the "Glass Hatch" to open with the aux button on the remote.  This wire is at the SECU unit (-) pin 38 blue/white.  I have it connected to the H1/1 RED / white (-) 200mA Trunk Release Output on the Viper.  Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? 

Kreg357, I want to thank you in advance once again for all your patience and help.  Your expert knowledge, and guidance have enabled me to become much more confident in my learning curve for Alarm/Remote Starters!  You are a DEFINATE asset to this website!  I will be working on a 2006 Honda Civic.  Hopefully, I will have the opportunity to share your knowledge once again!

Thank-You.

Pete.

Pete
kreg357 
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Have you used the DMM to verify that this SECU Blue/White wire does indeed see a (-) when the hatch glass release is pressed?  If that tests OK, then you could try taking a jumper wire to chassis ground and momentarily touching the SECU wire to verify that the glass opens.  Additionally you can verify that the Viper remote button is causing the Vipers' AUX wire  to output a (-) when pressed.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic