icon

viper 5902 wiring 01 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
yes...install"A" is what you should be following.
hmmm....D2D is unreliable...go with the W2W connections. I have yet to even try D2D, and probably wont 'cause W2W hasnt failed me yet. the green light on the dash should operate as normal during remote start with the bypass or with the key. also, 'cause you're using a bypass that uses the vehicles data, make sure to SOLDER your connections for the bypass.
good luck q=^)
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)
jstall7543 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I'll try it tomorrow before work! Thank you for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate the site and the people on it. I'll let you know what happens w2w tomorrow!
Posted from my iphone 4
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, follow to PKH34 Install A Type C section of the guide.  The wire locations and colors listed for the immobilizer connector are correct.  All connections should be soldered. 
Soldering is fun!
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, you were right, I went w2w and soldiered everything and it works great! Woohoo! Now I noticed after remote starting I can't de-activate it by getting in the car and turning the key to the on position, do I need the brake wire hooked up on the viper 5902? H2/17 brown wire?
Posted from my iphone 4
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Of course to switched side of brake switch. Extremely dangerous until you do.
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Got it, good to go! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out! This install took me to another level! The12volt rocks!
Posted from my iphone 4
mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2010 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
glad to hear everything worked for you...q=^)
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2010 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to say that when I went to program the PKH34 it didn't work like the instructions said, I had to hold the button in and then plug in the harness and then turned the key to the on position and the light goes out, release the button. Done!
I'm really happy to have remote start, now I hit it 5min before I leave work and save some freeze time! It's great! Thanks again to all that helped me out on this install!
Posted from my iphone 4
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
New problem guys, the alarm has been working flawless! The problem I have now is I did the paper clip srs reset and it only lasts about a week. I undid the seat connector and plugged it back in to make sure it's not that. After a reset it seems to last like 20 starts and then comes back on, any ideas? Resetting it is driving me nuts, I haven't had time to tear into it so it's been this way for months! Is it possible one of my connections isn't good enough?
Posted from my iphone 4
jstall7543 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Help!
Posted from my iphone 4
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic