2008 Honda Pilot Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I've been looking for a wiring diragram for a remote starter and alarm for an 08 Honda Pilot and I found a wiring diagram for an 09 on this website

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~106363

I just wondering if it's going to be the same ? also the wiring diagram didn't say:

1/ Which wire is for an Immobilizer bypass

2/ Which Immobilizer bypass module is compatible.

I'd appreciate for all inputs.

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Here is a wiring diagram. Hope this helps
HONDA
MODEL      YEAR(S)
PILOT      2005 -2008
KEY      T-HARNESS      IMMOBILIZER
N/A      N/A      HONDA'S TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY
PART       COLOR      LOCATION
12 VOLT CONSTANT      WHITE (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER      BLACK/ WHITE (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER 2      N/A     
IGNITION 1      BLACK / YELLOW (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 2      N/A     
IGNITION 3      N/A     
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1      YELLOW (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2      WHITE/ BLACK (+)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
KEYSENSE      BLUE/BLACK (-) (Required)      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS ( - )      RED / YELLOW (-)      @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH
PARKING LIGHTS ( + )      RED / BLACK (+)      @ DRIVERS FUSEBOX, LIGHT GREEN 20-Pin Plug
POWER LOCK      BLACK/ ORANGE (TYPE B) See NOTE *1      @ PASSENGER FUSEBOX, LIGHT GREEN 20-Pin Plug
POWER UNLOCK      BLUE/ORANGE (TYPE B) See NOTE *1      @ PASSENGER FUSEBOX, LIGHT GREEN 20-Pin Plug
DOOR TRIGGER      BLACK/ WHITE (-)      @ INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH on DASH
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION      LIGHT GREEN (-), Requires Part #775 Relay      @ INTERIOR LIGHT SWITCH on DASH
TRUNK RELEASE      N/A     
SLIDING POWER DOOR      N/A     
HORN      LIGHT GREEN/ BLUE (-)      @ HORN SWITCH in COLUMN
TACH      BLUE      @ DRIVERS FUSEBOX, LIGHT GREEN 10-Pin Plug
WAIT TO START LIGHT      N/A     
BRAKE      WHITE/ BLACK (+)      @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
FACTORY ALARM DISARM      BLACK/ RED to BLUE (-) See NOTE *2      @ DRIVERS DOOR in DOOR MODULE
ANTI-THEFT      TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM, REQUIRES 791 BYPASS MODULE AND EXTRA IGNITION KEY, Standard on All Models      TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
EXTRA INFORMATION
NOTE *1 Test these wires while using the POWER DOOR LOCK SWITCH on the PASSENGER DOOR only. NOTE *2 Test this wire while turning the KEY in the DRIVERS DOOR KEY CYLINDER.
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot, icearrow6.

In the wiring diagram, it said required "791 Bypass Module with Extra Ignition key". Do I have to use a spare key ?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

No, you don't have to use the 791 Universal Bypass and lose a key.  There are several good transponder bypass modules for your Pilot.

The PKH34 and the PKALL come pre-loaded and all ready to install.  Here is a link to DEI's offerings :  http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleCompatibility.aspx?p=-1&year=2008&make=Honda&model=Pilot&ps=1&s=0

Download the install guides for those models to see the wiring and programming requirements.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

For cross reference purposes on the car wiring, here is a link to the AudioVox site : http://techservices.audiovox.com/Login.aspx  Sign-up is free.

Remember, these are only guides, the Bulldog Security one posted above may not match the AudioVox listing, so double check everything with a Digital Multi Meter.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you Kreg357,

That's a good news for me since I prefer the one w/o having to put a spare key on it.

Another question is the wiring diagram didn't show which wire is for Immobilizer bypass input since the output of the Immobilizer bypass output got to feed into the transponder of the car.

kreg357 
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

If you are referring to the GWR wire from the bypass ( the Brown wire in the case of the PKH34 ), it will connect to the remote starter.  Which brand and model are you using?  The wire can have many names depending on the remote starter brand.  (-) Status, (-) Status Output, Ground When Running, Ground While Running, (-) 3rd Ignition, etc....

The manufacturer of the bypass module supplies a wiring diagram for their bypass that you can use to make the connections to the car.  They are usually very accurate, but I still compare diagrams from the PKALL to the PKH34, to the XK05, to the ADS TB, to the KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL,  just to be prepared.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

I got you and I was confusing the bypass has to connect to the car's transponder which is not and it connects to the remote starter.

I'm still debating between the 3 remote starter and alarm brands.

1/ Compustar 2W900FM

2/ Autopage RS730

3/ Prestige APS997N

godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

All of those systems are pretty decent. I never installed any Compustar stuff or am familiar with them. I heard they make good stuff tho. The Autopage systems that have LCD remotes "can" take a little awhile to respond. Only thing I dont like about their LCD remote systems.

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2010 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar is pretty good, I installed exactly the same unit on my 04 Acura MDX and it's been working fine for the last 3 yrs.  It's just a little pricy compared to the rest.  I've just installed a Prestige system on my Dad's 05 Camry a few weeks ago, it's a one way remote starter system and it's also working great except I don't like their installation manual.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic