the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Honda Pilot Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

audiovox manuals are impossible to understand. im still confused by it.

i prefer compustar, but thats just my preferance. all these are good brands. if you have not installed one before, i suggest seeking professional help.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
snake07 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
 finally picked the Compustar 2W900FM with a CM3000 brain and  I installed yesterday.  Most major functions of the remote starter works fine like remote start, lock, unlock.  Some minor issues as follow and I hope I can get help to complete the installation.

1/ LED on the driver door (OEM LED) won't be flashing when I locked with a Compustar remote.  I used a disarm wire to disarm the factory alarm but did not use a rearm wire output from the Compustar brain to rearm the factoray alarm since I can't find a rearm wire and it's not listed on the 2008 Pilot wiring diagram.  Anybody know if I need this wire to rearm factory alarm or it'd rearm once the door is locked ?

2/ The keysense wire is listed on the 2008 Pilot wiring diagram but I can't find any where on the Compustar brain I/O that I can connect to, what's the purpose of this wire ?

3/ I'd like to change some of the setting on the compustar CM3000 like ignition door lock, door lock after remotely started but I can't change the setting.  I followed the CM3000 manual procedure as follow:

- Press I and II (to access to option table 1), I and IV ( to access to option table 2).

-Press IV to access to option number listed in table 1.

-Press I and II to change the setting.

I've tried over and over but never been able to change the setting, any suggestions would be appreciated.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

1.  Here is Factory rearm wire location from AudioVox.  It is inside the drivers door.

Alarm Arm                    BLUE/WHITE  (-)                  AT MODULE IN DRIVER DOOR

2.  Don't really need Keysense on Honda's.

3.  Sorry, can't help you, never programmed the CM3000, only the newer CM5x00 and CM6x00 with the OP500 programmer.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

kreg357, thanks a lot for the info. 

I don't have the OP500 programmer and I've been trying to program the CM3000 by the 2W900FM remote.   I was able to program the CM3000 on my 04 Acura MDX just fine and of course it was 3 yrs ago.  Now I don't remember how I did it so for this installation, I just follow whatever the installation manual said.

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the programming guide from a CM3000 manual. 

Option Programming for Four Button Remotes

Step 1: For Programming menu 1: Press Buttons (I+II) for 2 seconds.

For Programming menu 2: Press Buttons (I+IV) for 2 seconds. The car will chirp once indicating that you are in programming mode.
Step 2: Within a 2 second after pressing (I+II) or (I+IV), press Button IV the number of times to go to the option number you want to change. You have       to hear a chirp and see the parking light flash each time when you press Button IV.
Step 3: Wait a few seconds. You will hear a number of chirps and see a number of parking light flashes corresponding to the option number you want to change. If the number of chirps or flashes is not what you want, go back to Step 1.
Step 4: Press Button I for the default factory settings and your car will respond by one chirp and one flash. Press Button II for the optional setting and your car will respond by two chirps and two parking flashes.

If you hear a long chirp, you are going out of programming mode, please go back to Step 1.

If you want to change more options, go back to Step 1.

Sounds like you are following the steps.  To clarify, at Step 2, you press button IV once for each step down thru the option table.  Then wait to hear the chirps that correspond to the option position you are at.  Then press button I to select the default or button II to select the optional setting.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

I did not use the Siren came with the CM3000 and I used the horn in the car so when I program I did not hear a chirp and the parking light did flash each time I pressed button IV.

For example the following settings I'd like to change:

1/ Unlock before, Lock After Starting, Lock after remote start.  It's in Menu #1 and option 1-1.  I did the following steps:

+ Step 1: I pressed button I +II on the remote - the parking light flashed once

+ Step 2: I pressed button IV once (since I'd like to get to option 1-1) - the parking light flashed once.

+ Step 3: I did not see a parking light flash once to confirm option #1 I'd like to change.

+ Step 4: I pressed button II once - parking light did not flash

2/ Ignition controlled door lock. It's in Menu #2 and option 2-5.

+ Step 1 : I pressed button I + IV on the remote - the parking light flashed once.

+ Step 2 : I pressed button IV 5 times (I'd like to get to option 2-5) - the parking light flashed each time I press button IV.

+ Step 3: I did not see a parking light flash 5 times to confirm I'm in option 2-5.

+ Step 4: I pressed button II once - parking light did not flash.

I'd tried to set these 2 setting for over 1hr last night and still can't get those options to set.  I can't get step 3, 4 to respond the way the manual described. 

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2010 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I've just found another problem before I left work today, I remotely started the car and the alarm went off.  I believe it's the factory alarm.  I suspected I did not hook up the disarm wire correctly.  

Based on the 08 pilot wiring diagram, the disarm wire is

BLACK/ red to blue - driver lock key cylinder

I found a BLACK/ red wire in the driver window control module and used this wire, not the "BLACK/ red to blue" wire as in the description of the wiring diagram.  I tested the BLACK/ red wire and it was (-) when unlock so I believed it's a disarm wire.

snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

I got the CM3000 to program the options I wanted successfully.  The reason I fail to program it before was I did too fast and did not wait for the 3rd step (parking light flashing ) to respond from the CM3000.

The only thing left was to rewire the disarm wire to the correct wire and also wire the rearm wire and this should be done on the weekend.

Thanks again kreg357,

kreg357 
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

Here is a note from Bulldog Security to assist in finding the correct DisArm wire  :

FACTORY ALARM DISARM                 BLACK/ RED to BLUE (-) See NOTE *2                         @ DRIVERS DOOR in DOOR MODULE 

NOTE *2 Test this wire while turning the KEY in the DRIVERS DOOR KEY CYLINDER.

Soldering is fun!
snake07 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2010 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

I looked on AUDIOVOX website and their description of the "Disarm Wire" is "BLUE" and I think it'll make more sense with a "BLUE" wire since I can't find and I don't get how's the "BLACK/ RED TO BLUE" wire look like.  I found the "BLACK/ RED" wire and I connected to this wire but that's not it.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic