< Prev Topic Next Topic >
emueller15 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
2008 Ford Fusion
Avital 4111
Flash Logic
I have installed the remote starter and it works great. However, when I try to start the vehicle with keys only the vehicle will not start. The security light flashes. I am unsure which wire I have switched around. I used the 2007 wiring diagram from 12volt, because there wasn't 2008 diagram. I would appreciate any help.
Eric Mueller
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Did you use a Starter Kill relay and  cut the cars' starter wire?
Soldering is fun!
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Did you by chance unplug the ignition switch?
Advanced
roo-dog 
Copper - Posts: 124
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
what bypass did you use?  if using a transponder box, be sure it is only active during remote start.  fords dont start if they see two keys at once 
(4)g5-1244, (4)gtr12, (2)ppipcx2400, (1)pcx4125, (1)pc4800.2, (3) pair mb quart 6.5"Q, (4)optimas, alumapro (1)5 and(1)15 farad cap, premier deh-p860mp, pioneer xm -dual H.O. alternators
emueller15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
I used an Audiovox FLCAN that was flashed for the Ford Fusion. I did not use a relay for the starter wire.
Eric Mueller
emueller15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
I was told that I have the starter kill wire is switched around, but am unsure exactly what wire that would be.
Eric Mueller
emueller15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
The ignition is plugged in.
Eric Mueller
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
It will be the blue/white wire you cut. Your aftermarket colors will depend on what relay you used.
However if your light is flashing on the dash it should be a transponder issue. Unplug everything except the black harness on the FL-CAN then try to start it. If it starts, your GWR wire is seeing a constant ground signal instead of status output.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Not to step on toes, as most of the suggestions are indeed good...but I would start by unplugging the FL-CAN, put a key in the ignition and remote start it. This would troubleshoot it down to the bypass. I lean towards agreeing with yimke..the bypass is probably on at all times.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
emueller15 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
What wire would be an input (-) ground when running output of remote starter. This would activate immobilizer override? Thanks, for all the help! I almost have it figured out.
Eric Mueller
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic