icon

2007 dodge charger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ayalja123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Has anybody use a DB-ALL for this car? I'm having a problem with the high and low cam wires. The probrem, can't find them,lol.on xpresskit it's showing a plug with 8 wire were the cam wires are suppost to be. But the car only has 6 wires. Does anyone know what the colors are? I got the ign wire and the starter of the other plug on the ign switch.

jpadj22 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
WHITE/ orange Can h
White              Can l
No better feeling then getting a remote start to work right!
jpadj22 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
It can say 8 pin but not necessarly have 8 wires. The can hi and can low usually are twisted together. Im not sure if u can check these wires with a Dmm. Hopefully somebody can add to this. I hope this info helps.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Those wires are at the immobilizer plug. As stated, the connector may not have all eight positions occupied. I guess DEI assumes you are going to be a dealer and have access to their Directechs information, which lists the CAN H/L information. Idata's manual actually shows the CAN H/L colors, locations, and a picture of the connector as well. Follow the instructions for your DBALL but do yourself a favor and get the manual for Idata's module ADS-AL CA: here. It should help.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help. I actually founded right after i posted this. But now i have a new problem. I got it to start but the oem key fabs won't work at all. And the aftermarket will only work while the car is remote started. Any clues

Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Never heard of that problem. Have to start troubleshooting one thing at a time. What system did you install? Are you using D2D or W2W? What did you use to trigger the ground when running input to the DBALL?
ayalja123 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm using w2w and am using the neg while running. The car remote starts with no problem, i just lost the key fabs signal. They are the originals so I don't understand why they're not working now. So how the signal was erase or reset. I'm gona call the dealer tomorow see what they say.
Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Again, What remote start system did you install? Did you verify the GWR is turning on and off as it's supposed to? How about the remaining analog connections between the remote start and the DBALL, lock, unlock, ignition, etc? Where did you get your ground?
Have you tried disconnecting the stuff you added then checking the factory remotes? If you call the dealer I am sure they will just tell you the remote start caused it. Besides, if it worked before you hooked up the remote start, and now it doesn't...I would think the same thing...something you added is causing the problem.
jpadj22 
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Did you tap into the key sense wire?

Twelvoltz 
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
jpadj22 wrote:
Did you tap into the key sense wire?
Have you heard of the problems ayalja123 is having when doing something improperly with the MUX wire? The PURPLE / brown MUX wire in the 07 Charger handles keysense, second starter, and accessory. Installation of the DBALL requires that you tap into this wire.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic