icon

2002 trailblazer, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leonpiper69 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2011 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
have a couple questions. (tried searching but still a little lost).
i just bought a 2002 trailblazer today.
no alarm or remote start. (i put a viper in my 99 gmc p/u but that was 3 yrs ago so im really fuzzy).
i just went online and ordered a viper 5701 alarm/remote start.
i know i will need to bypass the vats. is it the 555L i need?
also i heard somthign about having to isolate and use relays ofr the locks on this vehicle. my 99 gmc the viper just plugged in to two wires under the dash (bcm i think).
so whats the deal with the locks?
thanks
leon
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2011 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
There are a lot of options for your truck. My vote would be for an ADS/Idata module. The ADS-ALSL-GM from Idata will do door locks, arm/disarm, supply you a door trigger, bypass passlock and more by using one wire to the OBD-II connector.
Head over to Idatalink's website to take a look at the manaul.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2011 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
hope im understanding this right. this unit will work with the viper i just ordered and do everything i need all in one unit so i dont need a seperate vats bypass, seperate relays for the locks and wont have to diode isolate anything?
if so that will be awsome and save me some time and effort. i hope this puppy works cus i just ordered one.
thanks
leon
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 03, 2011 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
It does everything listed in the chart on ADS's website. Just follow the instruction manual step by step.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
got my viper 5701 and my idatalink.
gonna try installing this bad boy tomorrow.
was reading the instruction manual i got here (mine was missing).
it said something about a "flex relay". what the heck is one of those?
i have done a few alarms before (years ago, much simpler) and a couple years ago i did one in my 99 gmc p/u. but this one is definetley more complicated, so i may post a question or two as im going.
so thanks
leon
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2011 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
already got a question.
on the 5701 there is a dark red female plug that is 4 pin. its on the end w/ the thin wires (the H1 harness) not the end w the heavier gauge wires. i can find anything that says what that is for. but im thinking thats for the idatalink port (rs232).
any thoughts?
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
what's a polarity feed?
i tried searching. and all i found was abunch of people saying if you dont know you shouldnt be installing an alram.
i used to be MECP certified like 10 yrs ago. just these newer remote starts are a pain. and why does dei feel the need to write their install manual with their nose in the air?
if i put an ls1 in a mustang, a 68 camaro, a 98 s-10 (and pass emissions) and wire all of it myself i would think i can do a remote start, no?
or am i just getting too old?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
If never heard of this one before, do you mean something that measures ground relative to 12Volts+ such as a Ground When Armed wire or changing the polarity of the lights feed?
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
no. im installing a viper 5701 in the wifes new 02 traiblazer and the install manual kinda sucks.
for the h3 harness #1 pink is ignition 1 input/output and #6red is ignition 1 input.
why 2 ingnition 1 inputs? just makes it kinda confuseing because with a normal relay i can see where the connections are (numbers on the bottom of the relay) but with this you can only go by the manual.
and when you go down further in the breakdown it just says #6red "this wire is the polarity feed for the ignition 1 relay"!! so what the heck does that mean?
just not a term im familiar w/.
i got most of the alarm section done and before i move on to the remote start part im just making sure everything works.
and............it doesnt...
the locks dont work. and i programmed this idatalink thing but who knows if i did it right kuz their instructions arent the greastest (not the worst i've seen).
now im going back out side to fight with it some more.2002 trailblazer, alarm/remote start -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
From your questions you either aren't reading the manual properly or you shouldn't be doing this yourself.
H3/1 is BOTH the ignition "sense" and the R/S power output to the ignition.
H3/6 Red is the 12v+ CONSTANT input.
So one input.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic