icon

2002 trailblazer, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leonpiper69 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
sorry bout that, thought it would be less confusing (got yelled at once in another forum for run-on topic).
i used the idatalink ADS-ALSL GM. i set it to one blink because i used the d2d mode. and the module accepted everything as per the instructions. even tried doing it a few times with no luck. one blink held till solid, then started the truck and let it run till it was solid green and then turned it off.....nothing.
i went ahead and buttoned it up so my wife can get to base in the morning. and i ordered an XK01. should be here wednesday.
the alarm arms/disarms (siren and lights)it sends the correct signal from the brian to the idata for the locks. and on R/S it tries to start. it powers everythign on (even the blower motor etc) and then nothing and it waits a few seconds and tries again. again the dash lights up and the blower comes on and there is 12 volts at the starter wire but it will not crank let alone start.
so thats were im at.
anyone has any ideas i will gladly check them later on this week. but may not have time to mess with it till the weekend.
thanks
leon
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

Viper 5701 to 2002 Trailblazer

Viper                                                                       Trailblazer @ Ignition Switch

H3/1       PINK                IGNITION 1                                         Pink

H3/2      RED / WHITE    FUSED (30A)                                     Red

H3/3      ORANGE         ACCESSORY OUTPUT                   Orange

H3/4      VIOLET            STARTER OUTPUT                          Yellow

H3/5      RED                FUSED (30A)                                     Red

H3/6     PINK/WHITE     IGNITION 2 / FLEX                          White   *Very important  ( Viper default = IGN2 )

H3/7    PINK/BLACK     FLEX RELAY INPUT                       N.U.

H3/8      RED / BLACK    FUSED (30A)                                    Red

This still leaves the Trailblazer ACC2 Brown wire un-powered during remote start.  The Viper

makes connecting this easy.  Use a 30/40 A SPDT relay and a 20 Amp in-line fuse.  Wire as follows.

Relay Pin 85 to Viper Remote Start AUX output 5 Pin conmnector, Pin 2 Orange (-) 200mA Accessory Output.

Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12v constant thru 20 Amp fuse.
Relay Pin 87a not used - insulate.
Relay Pin 30 to Trailblazer ACC2 Brown wire at ignition switch.

All wires should be located and verified with a Digital Multi Meter prior to making any connections.

The iDatlink module is an excellent choice for this vehicle and should perform well.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
The ADs ALSL GM is a nice unit ( IMHO, better than the XK01 ).  However, I don't believe the iDatalink port will communicate with your Viper 5701 in  D2D mode  properly ( different protocol, DBI vs iDatalink ).   It will work fine if wired up in the W2W mode, with all the necessary dotted and Red line wires connected as per the install guide Section A, Type 3.  
Soldering is fun!
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
thats exactly how i have it hooked up. and i noticed the brown acc 2 wire on the 03 schematic (figured mine was the same.
so thats why its not starting? the acc2 needs to be hooked up?
i have used relays a bunch of times so that wont be too hard. heck in my mustang when i put a 2001 corvette ls1 engine in it i used a relay center out of some kind of buick in the junk yard to control all the funtions for the pcm. and it was a mess of spaghetti when i started but it worked great.2002 trailblazer, alarm/remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.[/IMG]
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
that post was suppossed to be before yours but i took too long. so when i said thats how i have it hooked up i meant the H3 wires no the idata
sorry. i was trying to post a picture and id didnt work
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
and i checked the connection in d2d mode and the viper was sending 12 volts constant to the red and ground to the black but i dont know about the ground while running because ...well.... i couldnt get it to start, but i probably should have checked that with the key.
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
2002 trailblazer, alarm/remote start - Page 3 -- posted image.
did that work???
kreg357 
Posted: April 10, 2011 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

Not having ACC2 wire connected won't stop the the Trailblazer from remote starting, it just won't supply power to all the accessory circuits.  ACC1 probably is enough.  A lot of the time ACC2 is just the radio and some other non-essential things. 

With D2D communications, it does more than just the power, ground and (-) Status Output (GWR) signals.  It is a special serial data connection.  Each bypass manufacture has their own version.  Fortin has Data-Link, ADS has iDatalink and DEI has D2D.  The XK01 bypass module must be flashed with the AMDL firmware for your Trailblazer.  It will communicate in D2D mode, just set the Viper D2D jumpers to the horizontal position.

Soldering is fun!
leonpiper69 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
i just got my xk01 today and wont have time till the weekend to try it, but i have a question.
the stuff i read says it comes loaded with the programming for my vehicle, but when i opened it up it says "get it, flash it, done!"
so, do ineed to flash this thing? i dotn remember doing that last time on my other truck.
im thinking i dont have to from what i have read. is this only if you are useing this on a vehicle that is not covered by the firmware that is already installed?
thanks
leon
kreg357 
Posted: April 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
I'm mostly iDatalink now.  Haven't used an XK01 recently but I remember a sticker on the XK0-- modules with a check in the box next to the factory loaded firmware.  If it is AMDL you should be OK.  Please note, that sticker is what it had when it left the factory, anyone with an XKLoader cable can change it.  The only way to know for sure is with the XKLoader cable. 
Soldering is fun!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic