icon

2002 subaru impreza rs, clifford 50.7x

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drummerdude 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
nope subaru imprezas are something like 02-04.5 shows ground in gear 12+ neutral and 04.5s and up show groud in neutral 12+ in gear.
I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  
Is that 12v+ reading only when the ignition is on or constant?
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
not sure
I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
If it's ignition controlled we can use a small relay to change it's polarity.
Have you actually tested this yourself are are you quoting others?
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
right now, quoting others, but I will be testing during my install on thursday.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
Liked I hadn't already guessed, then you wonder why we won't help.
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

even though I seem to know less, I plan on hooking the remote start up properly with the proper inputs, on top of that I am quoting others who have done and posted on subaru specific forums. look at the suggestions from the "help" in this thread:

hook up the neutral safety to the hood pin with diode (works, but not right)

hook up the neutral safety wire from the remote start to the e-brake (again, not right)

my suggestion, from a subaru specific forum (and from someone who has first hand experience), wire the e-brake and neutral safety from the car to a relay to have the proper safety precautions in place.

the so called help were the easy way out, not the safe proper way to do it, unlike others, even with the multiple safety precautions, I will still use manual transmission mode. They design these alarm/remote starts with tons of features, including safety features, let's use them. I'd understand using those suggestions if I were trying to do this for profit and needed it done in a timely manner, but I am doing it for myself and I want it done perfect, every feature working and functioning properly. I appreciate the help, but if I had tested it and nkew I wouldn't be posting here asking for help. feel free to give me suggestions, but don't get mad when I want it done right.

Rant done.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hooking up the neutral safety to the hood pin will NEVER WORK.
The NSS on the R/S has to "see" a ground.
When closed your hood pin is open circuit thus you would have to have the trunk open for the R/S to work!.
Read my bottom lines.
I have a manual transmission, no reservation mode, it's never failed. No parking brake connection, why, I looked at my engine management pin-outs and saw the NSS went to ground when in neutral, I tested it first with a meter before proceeding.
drummerdude 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

that is what I said, I was referring to the transmission ouput for the nss, which will be wired with the e-brake to a relay that will ground the nss from the remote start.

here: http://www.scoobymods.com/showpost.php?p=10979&postcount=12

if the e-brake is not engaged and/or it is in gear, the remote start nss won't see a ground.

still need an answer as to what wires/connections require a diode. The install manual says to diode a couple of the remote start connections, but I have never seen that done, or done it. but if it NEEDS to be done, I want it done.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly does it say about the diodes.
Except if you connect all of the above and there's nothing wrong with that, IMO, safety first, you will have to in line diode all of them to the R/S's NSS wire, 1N4004, bands away from the R/S.
How will you be making your connections?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic