icon

First Alarm, 97 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2011 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
Simply what it says, 2nd unlock ONLY, not an aux wire.
You can double it up with a latching relay, such that when the vehicle is armed it becomes an aux and when disarmed the 2nd lock wire. Are you using ALL of your aux outputs anyway?
zerovandez 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2011 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  

No I'm just using the trunk, and AUX 1 (For the 530T). Thanks again, wiriing is almost done!

On a side note, would you happen to know if the dome light turns on when the rear hatch is opened? I can't remember. Otherwise, I'll wait until I get a charged battery to test.

zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2011 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
So I finally got everything connected and power is good! The 530T works very well. I do have a few issues
1) Light flash output not working. I tested the white wire from the python 991 and it's outputting 12 volts when arm/disarm.
2) I can't seem to access the programming of the alarm. I've tried to start the engine, turn it off, then press and hold the Control Center button but I never hear any siren chirps that alerts me of which menu I'm in. Instead, I see "valet" on my remote.
3) My remote start will not work. My remote beeps 7 times and it seems to be a MTS error or tach learning error. I've tried to setup the tach a few times and the light on the Control Center suggests that everything is working as if it's learning the tach. Not sure...
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2011 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I went through the remote start procedure
1) start car
2) press and hold brake pedal
3) lift ebrake (BLACK/ white wire from 18 pin harness)
4) release brake pedal
5) press remote start on remote
6) remove keys
7) arm alarm
But the car never remote starts again. Not sure where to look.
I've checked the brake shutdown input, the ebrake neutral input, and the clutch switch. I'm not sure where else to look. The problem seems to be with this initial remote start step, it's just not getting passed it.
Got the lights flashing. It was just a poor connection. So I tried the remote start procedure again and now theres 5 flashing lights which indicates an active brake wire during remote startup. The brain does something strange during the manual tranny process; it turns on all brake/flashing flights before you are instructed to get out of the car. Is this normal? Such is why the brown wire is seeing 12v and flashing 5 times...
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
So i figured out more than half of my problems with programming. A poor connection was made from the green trigger wire to the door wire. So I'm able to do the programming I want. The priority lock works, the horn honk works, and a few other features work really well. The only thing still wrong is the remote start. I cannot get it to initialize. I get passed the setup steps, then I press the lock button and it fails to remote start.
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2011 at 8:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'm getting help on a honda specific forum and someone mentioned I need to wire a relay to the 520T's instant trigger output to isolate it during startup as It causes a voltage drop when starting that triggers the alarm and it stops the remote start process. Which relay diagram should I be looking at?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2011 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
How are you making connections? Two poor connections causing problems? I would reconsider whatever method you are using.
Kevin Pierson
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
If you think that is the issue just disconnect the output of the 520T and see if the problem goes away. I am thinking it won't, but I can't say that I've ever tried that situation. I am almost positive though that an alarm situation will not shut the remote start down - only a brake input, a timer time out, a remote command, or a tach over rev condition will cause the remote start to shut down.
Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2011 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Either listen to KP because your connections might not be good enough at the start of the R/S cycle OR use a 528t set for 10 seconds as the diagram use a status wire (GWR) and diode as shown also follow the colours exactly, this will isolate the 520t trigger for 10 seconds.
As KP was hinting, with decent connections your problem shouldn't arise.
Just as a thinking point, most of the problems on this site are from people simply not reading the instructions thoroughly, the second from poor wiring.
As a diagnostic precaution, disconnect the blue wire from the 520t just to see if that's actually the problem.:- 520t_interrupt.bmp
Also please remember my caution about 7 pages ago about situating your control units so far from the battery.
Is this the longest ever post?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2011 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Kevin, we crossed paths/posts but effectively we're saying the same thing.
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic