icon

type r central door lock system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rahsengan 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2011 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 91 Toyota Corolla and I'm trying to install the system. I am able to connect the rods and actuators alright, but when I plug the wires in and press the lock/unlock buttons on the remotes, nothing happens. I have already read some threads showing the same lock system, but I still cant figure out what's wrong.type r central door lock system -- posted image.
There is the diagram, but there is also a black wire on the back, do I need to connect it to anything?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2011 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
ground
rahsengan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
You know which wire I'm talking about right? because if it's what you say, I need to ground two wires? I know the diagram shows the black wire and that it needs to be grounded, but what isn't shown on the diagram is ANOTHER black wire coming out of the opposite side of the box, and I want to make sure I know what to do with it because it is not shown on the diagram
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ouch! Sorry, since it's a keyless I assume that's the aerial.
N.B. Only connect the 5 wires to driver's door motor, connecting to the passenger side will cause positional and switching problems, it will try to unlock itself as you lock and vice versa.
rahsengan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2011 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
It's alright, just wanted to clarify, and so you're saying that extra black wire I just leave hanging? And thanks for the help, much appreciated.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  

One of those black wires should be heavier than the other.... and stiffer. (maybe) Thats the one you DON'T ground!

rahsengan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2011 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
ahh yeah thanks for the help, I'm new to this kind of thing, but I got it all working. One thing though, maybe a stupid question, but will connecting the aerial wire to the radio antenna increase the range of the remote?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
No you will ruin reception on both. They operate on completely different frequencies. A military radar antenna might help, that's a similar frequency, about 400mhz.
rahsengan 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ahah alright, thanks. It's just that the range is really short but I guess I get what I payed for.
rahsengan 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
I was finally able to install the locks, but I'm not very good with it, and recently my car battery died. I've connected the box to the battery itself and did not connect the brown and white wires to anything. could it be the reason the battery died or just coincidence?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic