icon

03 honda crv wont remote start in cold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fgarvey 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have it wired that way and I did the tach learn when it was sitting outside in the could weather and the idle was at 1200.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Humble apologies, you didn't mention it.
fgarvey 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
my fault I should have mentioned it this thing has just got me very frustrated I have installed 6 remote starts on my own vehicles now all using Hornet or Avital alarms and either DEi or Xpresskit bypasses this is the only one that has ever given me trouble.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  
i know that the pkh34 had a technical document that said some units had issues, but those problems/bugs were resolved with a software update.
if you can start it every time, in the cold with the key in the ignition in the off position, your bypass module might be one of those problematic ones. try replacing it with a xpresskits pkall, fortin honda-sl3 or fortin key-override-all
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2012 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
I realise you changed the by-pass, are you wired D2D or W2W, the second would be more reliable.
Here's a trick, not normally recommended but worth a try:-
Take off the steering wheel cowling to access the top of the switch.
Take one of your black keys and prise off the Honda badge.
You should see the RFI chip. Not which way it is installed then carefully remove it and temporarily place on top of the plastic antenna cover at the ignition switch. With no other keys near the vehicle, try to start the vehicle with the key from which the chip was removed. You might have to "wriggle" the chip around slightly.
If this works, holding the chip in place temporarily, tape etc. disconnect the by-pass and see if it starts first time in the cold.
If yes completely remove the by-pass and making sure your alarm R/S has a starter cut! Permanently fix the chip in place with an acrylic glue.
chip.bmp
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic