Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unplugme71 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  

I purchased PKALL.

I already wired the door and tach.

Clutch bypass is just unplugging the connector and jumping the two wires together?

'03 Acura RSX Type-S
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
No.  Doing it that way eliminates the clutch safety all together, all the time.  You could then start the car with the key in gear without depressing the clutch pedal.  The clutch bypass should only happen during a remote start.  Typically you would use the Vipers (-) Starter Output to trigger a relay that is properly wired to the clutch interlock switch.  Test that switches operation with a DMM to determine the necessary wiring.
Soldering is fun!
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

Oh ok,

So 87 and 30 would connect the clutch interlock switch. And 85 would connect to the - Starter Output and 86 would connect to a postiive switched 12v source?

'03 Acura RSX Type-S
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, that sounds correct for a N.O. interlock switch.  viper 5704, 2003 acura rsx - Page 2 -- posted image.  If it's the same as the Civic and has a Yellow connector with the Orange output wire, you could connect the (-) 200 mA Starter Output directly to that Orange wire ( no relay needed ).
Soldering is fun!
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

I'll have to double check. I have the helms manual and DMM so hopefully I can do without a relay.

Do you have any knowledge with Alpine equipment? Looking to find out the difference between HCE-C300R and the VPX-B104R Parking Sensor System w/ camera.  There's not enough information on Alpine's web site.  The only differences I see is that the HCE-C300R doesn't use any rear sensors. However, the VPX-B104R w/ Camera is about $100 cheaper.

'03 Acura RSX Type-S
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
nevermind... figured it out
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
For the RSX, there is a bypass module called PKALL.
There is a 6 pin plug and a 4 pin plug that have connections to the vehicle. Can anyone confirm that these connections are correct:
6 PIN
PURPLE / White -> RED / Blue on car
Yellow/Black -> NOT USED
Blue/White -> While Running Status (Viper module)
Green -> NOT USED
Pink -> Yellow/Black on car
Black -> NOT USED
4 PIN
Light Green -> Blue/Orange Car Side
ORANGE / Brown -> Blue/Orange Key Side
ORANGE / Green -> NOT USED
Brown -> NOT USED
The instructions seem a bit confusing as I got this info from the PDF on page 9. Yet in the beginning, it says otherwise:
PIN 6
Yellow/Black -> Data 2
Green -> Keysense
Black ->Ground
So do I need to connect the above 3 wires or not?
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
kreg357 
Posted: May 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

Basically no.  Use only the Connection 9 diagram found on the page marked "Page 9".

The PKALL is a re-badged Fortin Key-OverRide-All module.  While the PKALL and Fortin Key-OverRide-All wire colors
are different, the connector positions are the same.  Here is the Fortin install instructions for your car :
  https://ifar.ca/download/1659/preview.html

Don't forget Connector 1 - either D2D or cut it and go W2W.

Soldering is fun!
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
I connected the D2D to the Viper module.
The 3 wires that say N.c. on page 9 I didn't connect.
I just wanted to be sure.
Thanks!
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
unplugme71 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
My viper 5704 came with a hood pin device yet the wiring diagram is telling me to tap into the factory wiring for hood pin input. Which should I use?
Its a 2003 Acura RSX
'03 Acura RSX Type-S
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic