icon

2001 honda civic ex

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  
Look at my last picture again, that's how you do it.
Technically you're looking at load division.
If something in the R/S failed, other circuits would still be protected.
DEI uses 4 fuses and quite right IMO.
littlenicky1 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks. Almost got that finished. I had a question about the GREEN/ ignition 2 wire. In my Honda civic i do not see a second ignition wire. Should I connect the second ignition wire from the alarm to the same wire as the first ignition wire or just not use it?
Also, The PURPLE / accessory has one wire from the alarm and my car has two accessory wires that it can connect to. Should I just connect it to the first one or split it to both of them?
To move on to a different wire, on the alarm says it has a turbo timer mode. Since I have a Honda Civic I don't believe I have turbo in my car should I just leave this out?
One final question for today to. When I read the information below about one of the wires I had a hard time understanding what it was saying and if I need to use it. How do I check to see if I have the switch?
BROWN w/ BLACK TRACER WIRE: Positive Inhibit Input 2
Any time +12 volts is applied to the Brown w/ Black tracer wire, the Remote Starter will stop operating, even
if the signal is received from the transmitter. If the brake light switch in the vehicle switches +12 volts to the
brake light circuit, connect the Brown w/ Black trace wire to the output of the brake light switch. If the brake
light switch in the vehicle switches ground, do not use the Brown w/ Black wire; see Gray w/ Black tracer wire.
Hope to hear from you soon.
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
Hey hows it going Howie I haven't heard from you in a couple days? I was wondering on top of my other questions, if I can connect a male connector to the end of my truck release into one of the empty fuse spaces under the dash. I have read you can jump onto another pre-fused slot but I think it would be best for it to have its own power source and I have enough things running to the battery directly already. Also, if you know whether to use the top or the bottom slot that would be useful to. Hope everything is good with you.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, don't know WTH you're talking about with that last post 2001 honda civic ex - Page 4 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
Catching up...Of course forget about turbo timer, the brown black goes to the switched, bulb side of your brake switch.
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks glad to hear from you, so I should install the turbo then even though I probably wont use it.
I had a question about the GREEN/ ignition 2 wire. In my Honda civic i do not see a second ignition wire thought the manual says I have 2 ignition wires to connect to. Should I connect the second ignition wire from the alarm to the same wire as the first ignition wire or just not use it?
Also, The PURPLE / accessory has one wire from the alarm and my car has two accessory wires that it can connect to. Should I just connect it to the first one or split it to both of them?
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
O and I forgot to add to I am having the hardest time getting a current or voltage reading from my 12 volt constant white ignition wire. Is there something I could be doing wrong?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
In order of questions.
Forget turbo timer it doesn't matter you don't have a turbo!
Use the ACC that DOESN'T power the radio as the SECOND ignition.
Probably, use a test light.
littlenicky1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thanks how do I tell which one powers the radio?
Also, do I use a diode for the 556u? If so where is the best spot for it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2012 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
Pull the the first plug down from the ignition set your DMM to continuity 1 probe on radio ACC or fuse marked audio or radio the other on the lead at the plug.
Or access a wiring diagram, Honda Forum.
Or cut each in turn.
In practice it makes no difference, either can be ACC or ignition 2.
If the blue status output wire (GWR) is connected to nothing else then no diode, if it is 1N4004 band away from the 556.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic