icon

viper 5704 / starting issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2therock 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Well as I aid the dealer cut me a blank.
The thing is now that I have a non-chipped key I can now make the issue repeat.
1.) The chipped key will not start it, not even run and die, just turning over the starter.
2.) I insert the non-chipped key and it will start and run a second or two and die.
3.) I then insert the chipped key and it will run.
4.) It will start the vehicle maybe 2 or 3 times and then its the same thing again.
I ordered another 556U and will swap it out when it arrives.
Ugh!
01ws6/tamu 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
How much time are you leaving between swapping keys.
I'd go the newer route and use a data based bypass kit instead of the old style spare key coffin route.
2therock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  
01ws6/tamu wrote:
How much time are you leaving between swapping keys.
Not allot. I try the dumb key and it starts and dies. I pull it out and inset the smart key and it cranks. I drove to the grocery store and came out and the smart key started it. A few hours later the smart key failed to even start it so it could die. I can make this repeat.
[QUOTE]I'd go the newer route and use a data based bypass kit instead of the old style spare key coffin route.[/QUOTE]
Can you give me a make and part No. For that? And perhaps the wiring details for a dodge Grand Caravan Sport with key sentry? Toa Viper 5704?
Thanks, I'm game for anything.
1prix 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
i never liked those key in the box type thinks.I use a programmable databus bypass.Something to think about. Plus i don't like directed products.I used a xpresskit bypass that gave me all types of problems.i ditched it and went Omega blade-al
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like the vehicle is possibly reading both keys at times. Unplug the bypass box (coffin) and completely remove it from the car. Then try starting it with the proper key and see if you have any issues.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
2therock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I will. Its getting late here, I'll do it in the PM tomorrow.
I tried a new box. No-Go.
Thanks.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
Next time it won't start with the key in the ignition imediately unplug the black & BLACK/ red BLACK/ white wire 3 pin antenna loop from the key coffin and try to restart. If it starts the the stock sensivity of the coffin is to high and needs to be set to the lower winding setting also try to keep the box as far from the iginition as possible. Any time 2 sentry keys are picked up at the same time if they are both programmed to the SKIM This can occur. The other thing to verify is that the Factory Transponder Ring is working properly which is part of the ignition switch its self. If it isn't then neither the coffin or ignition will start and stay running. Because the coffin is only brodcasting the key in the box up too the Factory Ring. Hope this helps!
2therock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know whats up.
I disconnected the antenna wires and nothing different.
I pulled the fuse and the OE key started her up. The Viper remote start when activated failed to continue to run as expected.
I then put it all together after swapping the jumper in the box for the lower winding signal and it fired up via Viper remote and the OE key.
Wow I thought. Great!
An hour later the OE key and a non-chipped key failed to start it but the Viper Remote works.
Sigh!
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Keep the bypass out of the car and try continually starting it with the OE key to make sure it is not something with the vehicle. Once you are confident that is solved, then try starting it with the key that is in the bypass.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds to me like it is reading 2 keys. What bypass module is it? Does it have a key sense input? Also, how exactly did you connect the bypass box? What wires went where?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic