icon

viper 5704 / starting issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2therock 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
I will try removing the bypass and let you know. Its a DEI 556U.
As far as the connections, I did not do it. The installer has left me out to dry. That is why I am here. I have many hundreds of dollars in it and cannot afford to go to another shop and pay for them to go after it.
I can do it if told what to look for. It is a Viper 5704, in a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. I drove it in with an Avatal remote start that worked fine. I drove it out with a Viper 5704 that has the symptoms as described. Oh - the pain! I took it back for a full day and they say its not on their end. Sheesh, I cut my loses and ran. I don't want them touching my ride. Danger Will Robinson!
Thanks
2therock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
OK,
I removed the bypass from the car.
I tried the key = no-dice, nor run at all.
I remote start the car with the key in the ign = OK.
I remote start the car with the key NOT in the ign = no-dice, it will run a sec and die.
Now.... after a successful remote start with the key in the ign, the key will work if tried recently. If I try the key alone later no-dice.
I guess I need to have the thing removed and started from scratch?
Ugh.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you have something connected wrong somewhere. Hopefully it hasn't already cause irreversible damage. Take everything completely out, reconnect all factory wiring (data wire, etc) and see how it works.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
IF you are able to turn on the vehicle with the key in the ignition you may want to check the ignition wire of the vehicle. It may be the ignition may not have power when the key is turned to the on position thus the skim module is not on to detect the key.
Eric
Audiomaxx
528 East Fordham Road
Bronx NY 10458
Compustar Top Gun Dealer Award 2012-2013
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you ground the actual unit to?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
2therock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Guys,
As previously said, a shop did it and when I complained they shrugged their shoulders and sent me hiking. So I will have to dig into it my self.
Thanks.
offroadzj 
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'd be going back and telling them to take it out and getting as much of your money back as possible... but then again it might be too late for that since you messed with it yourself. Did they use t-taps or did they splice wires? If its t-taps then you will want to pull it all out anyways.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
2therock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks but its a night mare. I took it back and they kept it for a full day and said it was not on their end. I drove it in with an Avital Remote start working perfect. I drove out with a Viper 5704 with the starting issues listed here.
So basically a shop with dignity issues. I cut my losses.
I wish some of you guys lived near me in N GA.
offroadzj 
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged  
Well if you are going to be around Upstate NY anytime soon just let me know... lol.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the BCM is not disarming with the door locks, are you using the factory remote to unlock the doors or the viper, if viper have the shop who installed it verify programing to pulse the factory disarm wire! Have them check this setting in the Viper!
(7. OEM Alarm Disarm Output (H2/4 wire)
1. With Unlock: the OEM Alarm Disarm wire will pulse as programmed at the same time as the unlock
(Blue) wire
2. Before Unlock: the OEM Alarm Disarm wire will pulse as programmed before the unlock wire
3. Remote start only: the OEM Alarm Disarm wire will pulse as programmed during remote start only!)
If it is set to option 3 this will cause what you have!
BCM Holds the Transponder Key info and Factory Security!
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic