icon

'08 dodge caliber viper 5204/evo chr t2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m109ner 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2012 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone!  It’s been a few years since my last posting.  I’ve previously (successfully) installed two other RS/Alarms with the generous help of the cool folks on this forum.  I’m installing a Viper 5204 with Fortin EVO-CHR T2 on a friend's 2008 Dodge Caliber Automatic.  I've never used a Fortin Bypass but was recommended the product by someone on this forum.  After some research getting the wiring diagram for this car and reviewing the wiring connections for both Viper and Fortin products, I’ve deduced that the connections are as follow below.  Any help you can provide would greatly be appreciated.

Note: I’m only using the Pink Ignition 1 Input/Output wire from the RS H3 Harness (Heavy Gauge) because the Fortin Instructions specify that if this vehicle does not have a (+) Starter wire in the ignition plug (harness), to follow “Connection C” in the installation manual.  Connection C calls for the Ignition 1 wire from the RS to be connected to the Fortin Yellow Wire and not to the vehicle. 

Thank you in advance.

Main Harness (H1), 6-pin connector    

H1/1  RED  (+)12VDC CONSTANT INPUT ------> To Car Battery fused
H1/2  BLACK  (-) CHASSIS GROUND  ------>To car ground (new ground)
H1/3  BROWN  (+) SIREN OUTPUT ------> To siren of Viper 5204
H1/4  WHITE/ BROWN  PARKING LIGHT ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of onboard relay ------> NOT USED
H1/5  WHITE  PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT  ------>To Car WHITE/ Violet Pkg Light Wire in driver kick panel
H1/6  ORANGE  (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT ------> To  (-) While Running on Evo-Chr

H2 Harness, 24-pin connector   
H2/1  PINK/WHITE  (-) 200mA IGNITION/FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT  ------> NOT USED
H2/2  BLACK/ WHITE  (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY INPUT ------>  To car ebrake status on Evo-Chr
H2/3  BLUE/WHITE  (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS /REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/4  GREEN/ BLACK  (-) 200mA OEM ALARM DISARM OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/5  RED / WHITE  (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT  ------> NOT USED
H2/6  GREEN  (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT (N/C* OR N/O) ------>  Door Status on Evo-Chr
H2/7  BLACK / YELLOW  (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/8  BROWN / BLACK  (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/9  DARK BLUE  (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT ------> NOT USED
H2/10  PINK  (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/11  WHITE/ BLACK  (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/12  VIOLET  (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT------> NOT USED
H2/13  WHITE/ VIOLET  (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/14  VIOLET/BLACK  (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/15  ORANGE / BLACK  (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT ------> NOT USED
H2/16  BROWN  (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT ------. To Brake Status on Evo-Chr
H2/17  GREY  (-) HOOD PIN INPUT (N/C OR N/O) ------>  To Hood Status on Evo-Chr
H2/18  VIOLET / YELLOW  (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/19  BLUE  (-) TRUNK PIN/ INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT (N/C OR N/O) ------>  To Trunk on Evo-Chr
H2/20  GREY/BLACK  (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT------> NOT USED
H2/21  WHITE/ BLUE  (-) REMOTE START/ TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT------> NOT USED
H2/22  ORANGE  (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H2/23  VIOLET/WHITE  TACHOMETER INPUT ------>  To Tach on Evo-Chr
H2/24  GREEN / WHITE  (-) 200mA OEM ALARM ARM OUTPUT------> NOT USED

Remote Start, (H3) 10-pin connector    
H3/1  PINK  (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT ------>  To Yellow wire on Evo-Chr (as per Fortin Install instructions)
H3/2  RED / WHITE  (87) FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------> NOT USED
H3/3  ORANGE  (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT------> NOT USED
H3/4  VIOLET  (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)------> NOT USED
H3/5  GREEN  (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)------> NOT USED
H3/6  RED  IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------> NOT USED
H3/7  PINK/WHITE  (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT (car side of ign, acc or starter wire)------> NOT USED
H3/8  PINK/BLACK  (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT (key side of ign, acc or starter wire if needed)------> NOT USED
H3/9  RED / BLACK  ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)------> NOT USED
H3/10  NC  No Connection------> NOT USED

Door Lock, 3-pin connector    
1 BLUE  (-) 500mA UNLOCK OUTPUT ------>  To Unlock Status on Evo-Chr
2 EMPTY------> NOT USED
3 GREEN  (-) 500mA LOCK OUTPUT ------>  To Lock Status on Evo-Chr

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2012 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
That is a very easy car with that bypass. The T-harness makes it even that much easier. Everything you have listed appears correct at a quick glance. The only connections (other than the t-harness) to the vehicle are the parking lights and 12v constant to the battery (FUSED).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2012 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the quick response, Kenny.  One thing I noticed was that the Yellow wire from the EVO-CHR unit is a very thin gauge wire as compared to the PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT wire coming out of the H3 RS harness.  These wires, for obvious reasons, are much heavier gauge.  Any issues with connecting these two wires together considering they are different gauge sizes?  Also, any gauge/fuse size recommendations on 12V Constant to the battery?

Thanks again for your help.

offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2012 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
No, as far as I know, the EVO-Chr ignition is just a sensing input to know when the remote start sends power to the ignition. As far as the power to the battery, most starters come with a 30amp relay. That is more than likely overkill for this application, but as long as you have the correct sized wire, it won't hurt it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2012 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
From what I can see on the Evo-Chr installation instructions if your not using D2D you will need to hookup the Starter wire of the 5204 to the Lt.Blue/Black on the Chr
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2012 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

offroadzj wrote:
No, as far as I know, the EVO-Chr ignition is just a sensing input to know when the remote start sends power to the ignition. As far as the power to the battery, most starters come with a 30amp relay. That is more than likely overkill for this application, but as long as you have the correct sized wire, it won't hurt it.

GREAT!  Thanks for the recos.  Working on it tomorow morning.  Should be farily straight forward.

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2012 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

rjkboyle wrote:
From what I can see on the Evo-Chr installation instructions if your not using D2D you will need to hookup the Starter wire of the 5204 to the Lt.Blue/Black on the Chr

Yup.  I had that highlighted on the instructions sheet and forgot to include it on my write up above.  Thanks for catching it.  :)

m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I've made all my connections, (soldered) as written above but the car won't turn over. I can lock/unlock, arm/disarm, with fortin bypass connected. However when I attempt to remote start, I get nothing. The viper brain box clicks 7 times.
The only wires I have connected from the H3 harness are as follows:
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) ------> to lt blu/blk (+) starter wire of Evo-char
H3/1 pink ignition input output ------> yellow wire of Evo-char
I feel like I need to connect other h3 harness wires but don't know which. Can someone please help me?
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thx
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
Seven blinks on the Vipers means you are still programmed for Manual Transmission.  Change Viper Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2 for Auto Trans.
Soldering is fun!
m109ner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2012 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. I tried to get into the menu by opening the door, turning the ignition on, then back off, holding control button for three seconds .... As per the instructions but I don't get any chirps to indicate what menu # I'm in. The valet light just turns on ad says on.
What am I doing wrong?
Also, Am I using the correct starter output wire to the evo chr?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic