the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

Two, non-clone keys is a good idea.  Always nice to have a spare.

H3/2 connection is not necessary if you are not using the Flex Relay output ( H3/7 ).

You don't need to connect both the Vipers (+) and the (-) Door Trigger wires.  Use only the (-) trigger and save the (+) for the Dome light Supervision.

The Viper's H3/1 Ignition must be run to the vehicles Ignition wire.  The easiest way is to just connect the PKALL's Pink wire to the H3/1 Pink and continue the H3/1 Pink to the vehicles ignition harness.

Trunk Release and Dome light relays are good.  Just insulate the unused 87A lead and put a 10 Amp fuse on the +12V constant input wires.

Soldering is fun!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
you can't just connect to the yellow/black door trigger wire in the drivers kick panel. That would only detect the drivers door. You would need to connect to all the door triggers and diode isolate them.
Left Front Door Trigger     Yellow/Black     Open     Driver's Kick Panel
Right Front Door Trigger     Gray/Red     Open     Passenger's Kick Panel
Left Rear Door Trigger     Lt.GREEN/ YELLOW     Open     Driver's Kick Panel
Right Rear Door Trigger     Pink/Lt.Blue     Open     In Right Rear Door Harness
vinchinzo 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yea Kreg I thought the same thing about getting another key all I need is to have a ride with a pumped alarm towed to a dealer to make new keys if I loose the only transponder key I got lol So now I'm gonna need to wire all door triggers??? Diodes? Just when I thought I had it all figured out lol How does all that work? I've read some people say it is necessary and others say its not? Also I have decided that I'm gonna upgrade a little bit for cheap and get a Piezo siren, another shock sensor, and the glass break sensor. After and if I can install this and program it all next spring I will install the window modules..but Im gonna tackle that later on after I see if my man skills can do this install lol. My first alarm install is gonna be a doozey im sure! Kregg I will be needing plenty of them asprins..NAH Ima go with the beers! LOL
When in doubt....kick it!
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
My understanding of door triggers and isolating with diodes is its usually only needed on GM? And even then you don't have to run 4 triggers just two? Does this apply to my Mercury Mountaineer?
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
If you only hook up to the yellow/black wire you are only sensing the drivers door. Anytime you you hook up 1 wire to multiple wires you need to isolate feedback. To stop that feedback you use diodes.
Or just use the purple wire off the viper to the blue/black dome light wire, and call it a day. The blue/black also gets signal when the hatch or the hatch glass is opened. So, no need to use the vipers blue trunk trigger wire. oh, if you do use this wire you cannot disable the dome light using the dimmer switch otherwise your viper will not sense a door opening, since the domelight is disabled.
Just thought of another trick. There should be a light blue/white wire for standard negative door trigger located in the bottom left connector plugged into the cluster. You would connect your vipers green wire directly to this wire. This light blue/white wire feeds the "door ajar" signal in the cluster. To see the connector in the lower left of the cluster you do not need to remove the cluster, just the trim. While the cluster is still in its spot, just look at the bottom left, you will see a plug sticking down. You might need to remove the cluster to make your connections, but not to be able to see the connector I'm talking about. This wire has NO domelight delay and is NOT affected if you disable the domelight. It also senses all doors, hatch, and hatch glass. If you use the light blue/white vire for a negative trigger you will still need to use the BLACK/ blue(+) wire for dome supervision, using a relay of course.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
the arrow is pointing to where the Lt. Blue/white wire should be located.
viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer - Page 2 -- posted image.
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer - Page 2 -- posted image.This is a picture of the schematic for the dome light I see the BLACK/ lt.blue (+) wire wouldn't the Lt.GREEN/ orange be the (-)? Something I could use for the dome light supervision without a relay?
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Dude scratch that last comment I totally had a brain fart them are the 12v constant wires powering the switches on the dome light lol duh
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I guess the only thing I'm worried about now is the door triggers and the dome light supervision. Also Will having a delayed illuminated exit mess with arming the alarm? My mountaineer has illuminated exit.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2012 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Did you not read what I wrote... If you do use the BLACK/ blue wire as your Positive Door Trigger then it WILL read the dome light delay. But, to compensate for it, you need to turn OFF the Door Error chirp. Its Menu 2 Option 4 on the 5704. I posted that a few posts ago on the first page. Are you reading the directions??? Do you have the proper testing equipment(DVM)??? Do you plan on testing the wires or just going off the color wires we've listed and helped you with? I've given you 3 ways to do the door triggers... You choose what the best option is for you. Dig in your truck with you DVM look for the wires and test and tag.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic