icon

viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vinchinzo 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot flobee I was just stuck on which option to use..I am gonna test all connections first because even tho the wire codes are listed heck ya just never know better to be safe then sorry. I believe im gonna try to use the blue/white door ajar wire you was talking about. I have alot of kids and I don't want to be able to arm the alarm with a door open. I think if I use the BLACK/ blue wire and set the door trigger error off then the alarm will set and I wont know the doors open right? So my understanding is if I can locate the door ajar wire then it will only read the actual door triggers not the dome light and The alarm will set and work like it should even with the dome delay and if a doors open it will still give me a status message on my LCD? I'm getting the alarm and all the goodies Friday I'm gonna try it all out sometime this weekend I will post how it went after I'm done.
When in doubt....kick it!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, the light blue/white wire will achieve what you are looking to do. Also, Your dome light supervision relay to the BLACK/ blue wire will still be needed if you use the light blue/white wire. The way you have the relay listed in the previous post is correct, so you are good to go with that too.
Good luck with your install :)
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again bro! I was bored so I went and took a look at that wire we was talking about and yea its not there. So I looked up the schematic and I see there is a orange data line coming from the VSM that feeds the digital message center in my cluster. So what do you think about this...I tap all my triggers diode them all into one wire right from the VSM in the right rear quarter run that one wire down the passenger side then to the alarm? That may make it easier considering all my wires for every trigger is right there? But this raises another question..Do I use the Wht/Violet rear hatch/tailgate into this mix are just run that wire to the blue (-) trunk pin input on the alarm? Oh and will I need to run the door triggers into a relay? I know on older models the bcm would go to sleep and cause false alarms and the relay fix worked well?viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer - Page 3 -- posted image.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  
I can't read that... But it not the orange data line wire. You might want to look to see if you find the schematic for the cluster rather than that schematic. Anyway, to get to that VSM, its a royal pain in the butt. you will have to take apart the rear seat belt, the weather strip around the rear door near the rear panel, theres hidden clips that rotate under there, the trim near the rear hatch, and ultimately the whole rear panel around the rear window.
I would personally remove the 2 7mm bolts from the top of the cluster trim, unscrew the steering wheel shroud, and pop out the cluster trim. That'll take you 15 minutes tops. Then you can look for the light blue/white wire in the bottom plug of the cluster in which I posted a picture of earlier.
But if you want to use the door triggers instead, I listed on page 2 of this thread the wire colors and alternate locations for these wires besides the VSM(I think its actually called CCM). You should only need to diode isolate them. the diodes white band away from the vipers brain. trunk trigger doesn't need a diode since its only 1 wire. Don't forget to set your Vipers programmable options to the correct door and trunk trigger type.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
I just uploaded the Cluster wiring diagram for the truck I had to the download section on this site. It was a 2002 Explorer. Look under Instrument cluster wiring in your service manual. In my schematic on the right side it says #57 is the door ajar light. Then to the left next to one of the symbols for a light bulb there is a 57 next to it. Notice the LB/wh connected to it. thats the light blue/white wire you need. Check to see if its there on a 04.
02 Explorer Cluster Wiring
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Yea I think the 2002 still had what they called the gem/bcm whatever.. the 2004 went to a Vsm. The gem used to be by the radio now there is no gem. The only diagram i can find is this one and it still shows the orange data line running the door ajar. viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer - Page 3 -- posted image.
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I know them are hard to read here so I did what you did and uploaded it heres the link https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=546
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
Man its sunny out and like 70 degrees I think im gonna take my multimeter on out there and find this door trigger wire lol I will let ya know if its there for sure =)
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Yea thats a negative there is no whit/blue..I was so stoked about that wire to lol I did find this in the free library database explaining that orange wire.
Door Ajar Warning Indicator (Base Cluster)
The door ajar switches provide a ground signal to the vehicle security module. The vehicle security module, upon receipt of the door ajar ground data, supplies a door ajar status message to the instrument cluster through the UBP communication network. The instrument cluster monitors the door ajar status and commands the door ajar indicator on or off according to the door ajar status message.
I don't know about what kinda of signal comes from that orange wire I would think it would have to be a positive signal with data because not only does my cluster show door ajar but it will also say lift-gate open. I don't think I will be able to use that wire. I believe Im gonna just isolate and use each door trigger. I wish the alarm was here because I already got my whole dash apart out there right now lol Maybe I just wont drive it because the alarm is coming tomorrow.
vinchinzo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I have been out there messing around testing wires just to be a step ahead and I ran into a problem trying to find the hatch release ORANGE / lt. grn wire. I looked for it in the rear driver runner wasn't there, looked for it in the rear quarter and couldn't find it. But I did find this wire it is purple / YELLOW at the Vsm I hooked up the DM put the black to ground and the red to this wire it was at 0 then I popped the hatch with my factory fob and the meter went up to around 12v like 11.7 jumped around and went down. I tried it several times so I believe this is the hatch release right? I am gonna go ahead and run all my door triggers and my hatch release from here it wasnt to bad to get to just pry the panel over enough to reach in and unplug the harness and you can stand and tap in =) viper 5704 / 2004 mountaineer - Page 3 -- posted image.
There are three harnesses just incase someone else reads this and needs help. The top one holds all the door triggers and the very bottom one has the hatch release. =)
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic