icon

2002 v6 camry xle remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hammerhead786 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2012 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking to install a Prostart CT-3471TW along with a PKALL bypass next weekend. I've read the manuals several times, however, I'm a little confused/unsure on several things and would appreciate any assistance. I just want to make sure I don't screw up, so apologies in advance for the n00b questions. I've done a lot of Googling but haven't been able to find what I was looking for.
With regard to the 6 pin connector on the remote starter:
Of the two red 12v wires, does it matter which one goes to the WHITE/ red wire on the ignition harness.
Does the other 12v wire need to be hooked up directly to the battery or is there an alternative spot where it can be connected.
The orange accessories wire I take it goes to the BLACK / YELLOW accessory wire on the ignition harness.
Does the green 5th relay wire go to the starter 2 BLACK / YELLOW wire with the appropriate jumper setting.
With regard to the 5 pin connector:
Does the purple tach wire connect to the BLACK/ orange wire in the grey connector on the rhs of the steering column or the ecm.
With regard to the 12 pin connector:
Blue (Trunk output) wire connects to WHITE/ blue wire in the DKP.
Brown (-) Lock wire connects to Blue / YELLOW wire in the DKP.
Green (-) Unlock wire connects to the Blue wire in the DKP.
WHITE/ Brown (-) Arm output wire - where does this connect
WHITE/ green (-) Disarm output wire - where does this connect.
Is the dome light +ve or -ve switched and where does the appropriate wire connect to.
Should I configure the optional starter kill relay? If so, how would I wire it up (really unsure here).
White (-) Ground when running wire - does this connect to the blue/white wire on the PKALL.
Purple (-) EXT Trigger wire - can I just ignore this.
With regard to the PKALL:
Does connector 3 (white 4 pin connector) need to be connected or is it just connectors 1 (white 6 pin) and 2 (DFD 4 pin)
Is it possible to wire the horn output connection to the alarm chirp and not the horn itself. If so, which wire would it be.
Is it possible to turn the heater on remotely or would this have to be left switched on when turning the car off.
Are there any other components needed i.e relays, diodes...etc
Thanks in advance,
Hamid
wooohooo 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not a professional... noob and first install or process of. But I found this to be very informative
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/pdf/ModelsRS82_85.pdf
As for the relay... I think it should be something like this..
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram10.html
Check out the other diagrams they have plenty.
and the 5th relay should attach to your starter with jumper setting.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
Some answers NOTE the Camry and Maximas were taken out of the Euro market in 03, killed by BMW and Audi so I'm not au fait with them, also don't know this make of alarm.
WHITE/ green and WHITE/ brown not needed factory arms and disarms with lock/unlock
Factory blue key sense need this connected as in the Wooohooo post post blue connect to GWR wire see diagram.
My info is that BLACK / YELLOW is either 2nd starter or second ignition, test for which, both need connecting.
Apparently on 3.0 litre models it goes to the ECM behind glove box BUT if you have a BLACK/ orange wire at pin 9 on the data socket (OBD ll)that will be tach.
Dome light is NEG (-) the Camry already has dome supervision so find the lead on the dome light that switches to negative when you open a door and brings on the light. Follow it back to the fuse box and connect your negative door trigger to it.
White GWR, yes also see diagram.
As for PKall you should be able to download vehicle specific info.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Here's your layout diagram. Program GREEN as second starter:-
camry_layout.bmp
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
BTW I went to Xpresskit and downloaded the info, very confusing.
But cheaper than a second chipped key no doubt.
hammerhead786 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
wooohooo wrote:
I'm not a professional... noob and first install or process of. But I found this to be very informative
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/pdf/ModelsRS82_85.pdf
As for the relay... I think it should be something like this..
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram10.html
Check out the other diagrams they have plenty.
and the 5th relay should attach to your starter with jumper setting.
Thanks very much wooohoo.
hammerhead786 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2012 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
BTW I went to Xpresskit and downloaded the info, very confusing.
But cheaper than a second chipped key no doubt.
Glad I am not the only one confused. Thanks for all the help, it's much appreciated.
swlui 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed the exact model myself..
So this is what I did for my car (06 corolla), so maybe compare it and you might need some relays or diodes (I didn't need any)
I connected the 2 twelve volt constants together on the remote starter. Then conncet that to the ignition 12volt.
Connected purple wire to starter wire - should onyl show 12 volts when you crank.
Yellow wire goes to one ignition wire (test with multimeter to see), then use the green 5th relay wire and connect to other ignition wire.
Connect orange to acccessories.
This is important is connecting the Black ground wire to a good ground point. you can test this by setting your multimeter in Ohm's setting and check for resistance. If it shows 0 you're golden, anything else no good.
You can forgo the purple tach wire unless your car needs it.
Grey hood switch - find a good point on the hood where you can attach, and attach the wire through the grommet in the firewall. I punched mine through the grommet that did the hood release switch.
Connected orange to my brake wire, near pedal/cylinder. This isn't optional, it turns off the remote starter if the brake is pressed.
Used the yellow parking light. If you connect this one, don't connect the orange parking input on the 12pin accessory.
I don't have a trunk output so I didn't use the Blue wire - you can connect this though.
Connected brown and green to the lock/unlock wire
I didn't need arm and disarm outputs as my car arms/disarms with lock and unlock of the door.
My dome light was a - input so I didn't use the blue/white wire, used the GREY (-) instead to the door trigger wire. This was a tricky tricky position to find. Worst position ever to put a fuse box.
Didn't do starter kill so didn't use WHITE/ orange wire.
Not manual so no parking brake.
Didn't do external trigger input, this is used if you have other systems like alarm or whatever.
No diesel so didn't use glow plug.
Make sure you change the jumper to 2nd ignition or whatever your 5th relay wire is.
Next test your system by putting it into program mode. This is pretty self explanatory. However, if you use the module to program, make sure you put the hood up and the parking light should come on.
After that, prgram your remote. Then after that, put your key into the ignition but in the off position. This should bypass your security. Now try to turn your car on. Make sure your hood is down so your hood pin isnt grounded. If this doesn't work, re-check your connections. Oh yeah, cut that yellow loop if you have an automatic.
If the car starts, then attach your bypass module. I had a PKALL and attached that to the keysense and two other wires. Also I did it D2D. If you do Wire to wire, you will need a few other steps such as cutting off the connector and grounding one wire and other to 12 volt. But this is different for modules. Program module... and voila.
And remember to attach the antenna.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
Nice post BUT as per my diagram, TWO starter wires on the Camry,  ONE on the Corolla.
hammerhead786 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2012 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
swlui wrote:
I just installed the exact model myself..
snip
Thank you.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic