icon

advancedkeys problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wyseone 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
The diode can be placed between the device and where the wire branches, correct? Would something like this work?
\    /
D D
\/
/\
D D
/    \
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Wire it just like this for both the Viper and the AK GWR wires.
advancedkeys problem - Page 4 -- posted image.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
I know you said exactly like you showed in the pic and I reviewed it and it seems I can also connect like below.
This is already how it is connected and I just thought it would be easier since I can access and solder the diodes all in the same location, where I originally soldered all the wires together. I believe this will also provide the same outcome. Am I correct in thinking this?
I just want to run it by you before so diagnosing the problem is not compromised.
Thank you!
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
In theory that should work, but the double diodes may cause issues. It isn't hard to just cut some wires and solder it exactly how I posted to make sure it will be right. It will be a lot harder to have to go back and re-do it if that method doesn't work...
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
Gotcha, I will wire it as you suggested.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hang on, I am not certain on one thing...
Are we using 2 diodes in total or 4? Are the AK and Viper still sharing a ground like below without a diode between them.
Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to diodes.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
I think I got it now...
4 diodes in total
AK and Viper are using their own GWR outputs and they are independent of another. My pic above would cause interference between the Viper and AK since the 2 GWR outputs are connected.
offroadzj 
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Exactly. Each GWR (AK and Viper) have to have 2 diodes so they don't back-feed into each other. Now keep in mind, this still may not fix your current issue, but at the very least it will help prevent future issues. When wires can back-feed into each other, it has a tendency to damage the components.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Understood. If not then back to the drawing board.
Just odd that other Acura owners as well as other make and models have the same Viper and bypass module and have not heard of any issues like I am experiencing. This is from online reviews of course.
wyseone 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
AdvancedKeys sent me this, I haven't tried it yet but does this look like it would resolve my issue with the door locking at ACC mode as well as my remote start not setting off the factory alarm. Remember my alarm was only being triggered when I removed the keysense wire from the vehicle connector and connected it to the GWR from the AK brain. What do you think?
Apparently this is required for my RDX and I just found another Acura owner who installed it this way and is not having the issues I am having, this is what he had to say about the relay for the keysense...
"Now that you have made the modded key to bypass the steering-wheel lock we still need to bypass the keysense that our cars have.
This keysense will tell the car that there is still a key present in the ignition and prevent it from locking the doors.
In other words if you leave the modded key in the ignition and walk a way from the car it won’t lock the doors."
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic