icon

viper 5704, 530t, comfort closure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drewy1322 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
I will be installing the 530T module (2 of them) to have window control for up, down and vent. Instead of installing a relay to keep the alarm from arming after exiting the vehicle (H2/5 grey wire on the 530T), can I just set my comfort closure option to "ON" on the Viper 5704. I don't actually have comfort closure on my vehicle but I need to keep the alarm from arming until after the windows are finished rolling up. I don't really want to install 2 more relays which draw constant 12v so I am hoping just using the comfort control feature will take care of this?!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
I don't quite follow you, the comfort closure option programmed on will supply an output on the lock wire of the system for about 20 seconds or so after arming, why do u want the windows to roll up before arming??
drewy1322 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
I want to extend the time that the system does not arm so it gives ample time to roll the windows up without triggering the alarm. I want to use the comfort control feature for this but my car doesn't have comfort control feature. Is this still possible?
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
I assume you are referring to the shock sensor picking up the movement of the windows and setting off the alarm?
Extending a lock signal on the lock wire for comfort closure could cause issues down the road if the vehicle's lock system isn't meant for that.
The 530T has a gray wire that's meant to interrupt the shock sensors when activating to prevent exactly what you are referring to (I believe). It's in the install guide -
H2/5 GRAY (-) Output During Activation: Connect this wire to an optional relay (P/N 610T) to bypass sensors
which may trigger the security system during operation. This wire continues to output negative (-) ground for 5
seconds after the window motors have stopped.
That way you can arm the system, the shock sensor(s) are bypassed for the duration of the window roll-up and 5 seconds after. Then the sensors return to normal.
drewy1322 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
I was trying to avoid have to install two relays (two 530T to control 4 windows) but if the comfort closure feature causes problems in the future then this is what I will have to resort to.
Thanks for the help.
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Why would you need 2 relays? The GWA wire is what controls the 530T to close the windows and one of the Aux channels controls venting and opening them. The 5704 has plenty of Aux channels to do both modules to close and open the windows if needed without any extra relays. I'm not sure what you are referring to. Please explain.
If you want to control both up and down on 4 windows, on most vehicles you need 2 modules. You never mentioned what vehicle you are installing these on.
If your vehicle doesn't have the comfort closure feature, changing that option on the Viper won't benefit you in the slightest (that I can see anyway).
drewy1322 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
Vehicle: 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
I understand how to hook-up the 530T with the exception of how to best bypass the security system until all the windows are done rolling up after I exit and arm the vehicle.
I have 2 modules to control 4 windows. I need to bypass the instant trigger inputs on the security system (door pin, trunk pin and shock sensory).
Hence my question about wiring a relay up to the H2/5 grey wire or using the 5704 comfort control feature to bypass security. The only reason why I'm asking about comfort control is because in the install manual it says it will keep sending a negative pulse for 20 seconds after the lock (arm) button is pushed. And to that I ask, "what if my car doesn't have comfort control features, would turning the feature on still bypass the security system?"
shortcircuit161 
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
You would only need to bypass the shock sensor since it might detect the vibration of the window motors rolling up the windows upon arming. I don't believe the comfort closure feature would prevent the sensor from triggering. You would have to double check the install guide for that.   
The door and trunk pins have no relation to the window rolling up and are only an issue if the doors or trunk are actually open when arming the system.
You would only 1 relay to break the shock sensor's ground wire when using the 530Ts to operate the windows.   
shortcircuit161 
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Relay setup for that is -
Pin 87 - N.C.
Pin 87a - one half of the black ground wire from shock sensor
Pin 30 - other half of the black ground wire from shock sensor
Pin 86 - 12 constant
pin 85 - gray wire H2/5 from 530T
drewy1322 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
I need to take one of those (-) trigger inputs and splice in the relay correct? Like this:
viper 5704, 530t, comfort closure -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic