icon

idatalink remote start issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsolts 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
I did the exact same setup on monday night on a 2010 grand caravan.
I had It all hooked up programmed correctly. When I tried to remote start, worked like a charm.
Then I closed it all up and tested it again....NOTHING!
Pulled it all apart and realized that somehow I had blown the 5a Ato fuse that came with the ch4 harness.
Upon looking at the fuse, it seemed a bit cheap in quality,so I went and replaced it with one from the stash and now it works no problem.
Also one more thing to note, all doors must be closed when you try to remote start. If they are open, it will not remote start and will give you a blinking red light a time of start.
jsolts 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  
One more thought, in addition to the ch4harness, I needed to add the long black harness from the ads to the side with led light.
You need to connect the blue/black wire (please verify this as I'm going by memory) to ground to enable remote start. You can also connect it to a valet switch, with the other pole of the switch connecting to ground.
bigcyphe 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Jsolts. U may be onto something with that fuse. But the valet if u read the rest of the posts I did hook up. And then did give it a straight ground and nothing. But I'm gonna check that fuse.
You learn something new everyday. Whether or not you fail to file it as useful is up to you.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
delco_installer wrote:
when you flashed the module did you flash with RS firmware? you need to flash the ALCA to RS-CH4 firmware when you flash it make sure you chose DBI in the options, you shouldnt need to cycle the key to program the idatalink, with a tharness this install should take about 10 minutes total.
I second this.
If its programming the fuse is not blown.
Lock lock lock only works when you flash it with
DBI-RS -CH
Re flash to DBI instead of ads
jsolts 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2013 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
metz35 wrote:
delco_installer wrote:
when you flashed the module did you flash with RS firmware? you need to flash the ALCA to RS-CH4 firmware when you flash it make sure you chose DBI in the options, you shouldnt need to cycle the key to program the idatalink, with a tharness this install should take about 10 minutes total.
I second this.
If its programming the fuse is not blown.
Lock lock lock only works when you flash it with
DBI-RS -CH
Re flash to DBI instead of ads
You are correct you do need to use the dbi firmware for oem remote start (lock lock lock)
But if he's getting no lights at all on the ads then it could be the fuse.
Also for the 2010 grand caravan, I did need to cycle the key to on, wait for it to repedidly blink green, take key out , and press unlock on the remote.
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2013 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
I checked the fuse in the harness. Fuse is good. And I cannot be 100% positive that I flashed it to the dbi rs ch4, but believe I did. I believe I tried all the flashing options bc I didn't know what else to do at that point. They all had the same exact way to hook it up. But figured maybe something wasn't mentioned about which to use (ads, dbi, com). But again I was so frustrated and honestly cannot say I definitely did. I will have the jeep again on Sunday and will double check and do dbi this time. If not I'm just going my old reliable route. Compustar ft-6200s-cont with a blade al and a 4 button remote. Blades never give me trouble. Just more wiring. I thank you all for your responses it is greatly appreciated. I will let you all know how I make out. Thank you again.
You learn something new everyday. Whether or not you fail to file it as useful is up to you.
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
So I worked on the jeep again today. Flashed with the dbi rs ch4 firmware and still nothing. Someone told me that if the horn isn't honking it won't remote start? wth kinda shmit is that? Anyway idk what is wrong. It's not a complicated install by any means. Thank you all for the help. Only thing I can think of is a bunk module. I wound up putting a compustar with the blade. Worked like blade always does for me.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2013 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged  
That would make sense. If the factory system had some sort of multiple lock signal 'block', then the module wouldn't be able to sense the 3 separate inputs. Every Chrysler I've done with that module has had the horn honk upon the 2nd and 3rd presses... so anything is possible.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
bigcyphe 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
The doors lock everytime I press the button. But no horn honks. And I got so frustrated I just went for the compustar with blade al which has never given me a problem. Just a few more wires is all. Cool that the jeep has its battery under the passenger seat. I haven't seen that one yet. Thank you all for trying to help though.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic