icon

overhead flip down monitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fosgate24360 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2013 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
well back to my old post here.....i have opened up the overhead motorized monitor to attempt this soldering of the wires for the extended push button. i ended up burning/shorting something out. the unit would still power on as usual but the screen would not open or close(motorized part) and all the buttons would do is light up and have a slight flicker. thank goodness for warranty as i sent it back. a new one(same unit) is on the way and i hope to achieve this with the new. if i post pics of the inside circuits could it make it easier as to what im looking for? thx oldspark
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2013 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
You are very lucky. Warranties do not cover that sorry of damage.
(Hence "at your own risk" in my earlier reply.)
fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

yea thank goodness for square trade.....ill try and upload pics of the boards i see inside the unit. hope it helps shed some light on my part

overhead flip down monitor - Page 2 -- posted image.

overhead flip down monitor - Page 2 -- posted image.

i dont think the white board will have anything to do with wiring in the switch but uploaded it just in case. the white board has the push buttons mounted on it then it connects to the green board(the wires you see in both pics connect both pieces).  there are also 2 wires (looks to be a red and a black)under the green board going to the motor which may not have to do with either.....thx again oldspark

fosgate24360 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
i did just notice that the unit has some sort of latching switch which is visible when the screen is open/on......if i push it in, the monitor closes and the unit shuts off
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic