icon

remote start, 2010 toyota matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike31 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have bought Idatalink interface module ADS-AL CA IS A COMBO UNIT FOR BYPASS AND KEYLESS ENTRY to be used on Matrix 2010 without G key. I have read the manual and on page 8 of 13 the wiring diagram of idatalink ADS-ALDL and it is not clear which wires I have to connect.what are the dotted black line and red solid lines means and what is data mode 1 and 2 (way).My installation will be hard wired. I am certain that all solid black lines need to be connected, what about the data mode cable .Highly appreciated
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2013 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
Mike,
I tried to find an online installation guide for that Prostart but I couldn't. Shame on Canadian Tire for not posting this important information.
Anyway, I repeat, the Matrix does not have two starter wires. You'll be fine.
There's a 6-pin connector at the ignition switch. Two constants, two ignitions, one starter, one accessory. The accessory just powers the radio...I intentionally don't connect this, so the radio stays off during remote start.
So all you'll do is:
R/s ignition: ignition 1 in car
R/s starter:   Starter in car
R/s accessory: accessory in car (optional, your choice to connect or not)
R/s extra configurable output: configure as ignition 2, connect to other ignition wire in car.
(Sorry if text looks messy, trying to type on tablet computer.)
Also, did you verify which transponder your car has before buying module? The module is easy to reprogram with the proper cable, but ADS doesn't support DIY installers, so even if you buy the cable you'll have a hard time reprogramming. Check if your key has a dot or a G on the blade.
Dotted lines, etc: if you were to use the data cable with a compatible remote starter, the dotted lines would all be unnecessary; the data would transmit those things for you. In your case (you said hardwire), you'll discard the data cable, use the RED / BLACK/ blue-white cable, and connect the solid AND dotted wires to the remote starter.
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you Chris for your detailed explanation.
Hopefully I will start next week, as you have noticed I am just doing preparation. Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  

HI

I am here with more questions:

1- Can I disconnect the negative side of the battery .What is the effect on air bag and car audio system.

2- Since my remote start comes with keyless entry feature then I would connect lock and unlock wire to R/S then what about door trigger.

Thanks Mike

mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
HI everyone
Toyota Matrix 2010 has two parking light wires one positive and the other one is negative.My remote system consist of Prostart CT-3310 and interface module Idatalink model ADS-ALCA (remote start and keyless entry combo unit).Based on Idatalink install guide ADS-AL(DL)-TL1-EN for this interface (page 6 of 13) is required to connect negative parking light wire to pin 18 of the connector at the parking light switch.There are two parking light wire from the R/S one is positive with 15 A fuse and the other one negative which is thin wire without fuse. I am rather confused here what to do, as prostart states that only one of the two parking light wire from R/S should be used not both.Do I have to use the positive output from the R/S and use a relay to provide negative pulse to pin 18 for Idatalink interface.Thanks a lot Mike
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2013 at 4:40 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Mike,
1. Yes, you can disconnect the vehicles battery. This shouldn't present any problems to the Matrix as this
is a normal procedure if and when the battery needs to be replaced. You will probably loose all your radio
station pre-sets and the clock's time. There should be no need to disconnect any ( typically Yellow ) airbag
connectors during the install. However, most R/S installers will actually perform the entire install with the
battery connected. The only connector I disconnect during an install is the main ignition harness if it makes
soldering the wire connections easier.
2. There is a difference between the door lock wires and the door trigger wires.   The lock wires operate the
door lock solenoids and the door trigger wires show the status of the doors, opened or closed. Your CT-3310
R/S w/keyless entry system has no need for door trigger inputs from the car. For your install, connect as below :
Power Lock        Purple (-)      @ driver kick, white 18 pin plug, pin 16  CT-3310 Pin 2   Brown
Power Unlock     Beige (-)        @ driver kick, white 18 pin plug, pin 15  CT-3310 Pin 3 Green
As for the Parking Lights, the wire guides list both (+) and (-) wires in the car. Your CT-3310 system has outputs
for both, some remote start systems only have one output, usually (+) or on some models it is selectable with
a jumper. For your install, you will only connect one of these outputs to the car.   While the iDatalink install guide
shows the (-) Parking Light wire ( which is easy to locate & use and draws less current thru the CT-3310 ) you
could use the (+) Parking Light wire if you wished. The CT-3310 (-) Parking Light output wire, Pin 9 Orange wire,
can be directly connected to the Matrix's Brown wire at Pin 18 of the Headlight connector.
Kreg
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2013 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
HI KREG
Thanking you very much for the well detailed description to my answers.
The last topic (PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT)that I am still confused. Well let me start again:
Refer to CT-3310 installation guide page 6 at the middle of the page item # 5 (YELLOW +12v PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT) it clearly states that :only one of these two different outputs needs to be connected and obviously no problem to connect either of them but as far as IDATALINK requirement is to connect negative parking light output from R/S to pin# 18, the only confusion arises here why pin#5 +12v parking lights output from R/S is heavy gauge wire with 15A fuse where as -ve output from R/S is thin wire without fuse.I hope I have explained myself clearly. Thanks a lot Mike
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2013 at 5:42 AM / IP Logged  
Your explanation is fine, mine might have been vague. The CT-3310 is like most R/S systems on the market
currently. It is designed to support a wide variety of vehicles. Older vehicles ( like Fords with their Brown (+)
Parking Light wire at the headlight switch ) needed a high current (+) signal to actuate the parking lights. Your
CT-3310 thick gauge Yellow Parking Light output wire with the 15A fuse is designed for this style vehicle. Most
newer cars have switched to a simpler method of turning on the parking lights using low current (-) signals. The
Matrix''s Brown wire at the headlight switch connector is like this. The low current (-) output from the CT-3310's
Orange wire will handle this circuit with no issues.
While I'm not 100% positive, the Parking Light connection on the install diagram from iDatalink is a recommendation.
Being as the bypass module has no part in control or monitoring the condition of the Parking Lights, where and
how you turn then on shouldn't matter. Personally, I prefer using the low current wire and find it easy to include
another wire in the bundle already going to the steering column.
Soldering is fun!
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2013 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
KREG
Once again thank you so much for your response.
Now I understand what is going on. Mike
mike31 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2013 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
HI
I just noticed that my remote start does have data cable feature so I have to do the HARDWIRED MODE. To refresh your memory I have PROSTART CT-3310 with interface module IDATALINK ADS-ALCA for Toyota Matrix 2010.
Looking at the manual of idatalink page 6 of 13:
1- tach output, lock and unlock, brake input, from R/S to interface does it also need to be connected to the car wiring or just from R/S to interface module. Mike
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic