the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Jeep Liberty door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2
I have the diagram for my vehicle, it shows drivers tan and passengers tan/white located to the right of the steering column in the blue plug. Is there a corrected or more detailed diagram available? I have located a fat tan wire and a skinny tan wire, and the rest are tan/red, tan/black, and tan / YELLOW...
If there is an easier wire to get to for door trigger, please let me know.
Thanks.
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2
FYI - I have tested the Tan / YELLOW wire. I have 1400 ohms of resistance when all doors are closed, but solid ground when any door opens.
I'm testing each wire and will post my findings...
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2
And I will add to this both relays trigger as soon as I connect them to 12+ power. I have them wired as: 85=12+, 30+ to vehicle door lock/unlock respectfully, 87=12-, and 86= alarm trigger... I don't know much about using relays...I install stereo equipment...no usually the alarms...but I have more troubles with Chrysler products and alarms not going as planned...
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
The LF door is Tan in connector 1 pin 4. The RF door is Tan/ Red in connector 1 pin 5. The LR door is Tan/ Orange in connector 2 pin 3. The RR door is Tan / YELLOW in connector 1 pin22. Use all four door triggers and diode isolate.These wires are found in the BCM (Body Control Module) which is attached to the left of the fusebox. Connector 1 is a Grey 26 pin plug and connector 2 is a Grey 22 pin plug.
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
What exactly are u installing on this truck?
triniforever
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2
Thanks, triniforever. I have a question for you...well and for anyone that could answer this...
The tan / YELLOW wire goes solid ground when ANY door opens, BUT...when the doors are closed, I'm showing 1400 ohms resistance with my DMM...I have never had a reading on a trigger wire before. It has always been no reading with all doors closed and solid ground when the door is open. Is this going to cause a false trigger?
nightowl2 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2
I'm installing the AutoPage C3-RS730 two way, paging, remote start car alarm.
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
Well first of all are u installing a standalone alarm and keyless entry or remote start and keyless entry or alarm and remote start?
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
And what kind of bypass are you using if the car has a transponder
triniforever
triniforever 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote triniforever
The reason why I'm asking is because you can use an idatalink bypass module flashed with the correct firmware and the module would handle everything through data and you would not have to hardwire anything to the car .
triniforever
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic