the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Jeep Liberty door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2
No bypass...no factory alarm or transponder key...thank god! I hate factory alarms and I have not installed on a vehicle that has the transponder key...yet...
shafferny 
Copper - Posts: 240
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2013 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shafferny
I installed an RS/Keyless unit in my '03 Liberty. I still have some of the documentation from the install.
Maybe this will help some.
The LF door is tan in conn. 1, pin 4.
The RF door is tan/red in conn. 1, pin 5.
The LR door is tan/orange in conn. 2, pin 3.
The RR door is tan / YELLOW in conn. 1, pin 22.
Use all four wires and diode isolate each. The BCM (Body Control Module) is attached to the left of the fusebox. Connector 1 is a gray 26 pin plug, and connector 2 is a gray 22 pin plug.
2003 Jeep Liberty door triggers - Page 2 -- posted image.
nightowl2 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2015 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nightowl2

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty with an Autopage C3-RS730 LCD remote start two-way paging alarm. I have had issues with the door trigger since installation. It is sporadic in nature. The issue is that from time to time the door trigger will set the alarm off. There is no violation. The doors are not opened, the Jeep is not touched, and there is nothing that will seem to fix it. I have checked the connections and all is solid. someimes I can just open and close all the doors and that seems to help, but other timesmtha does not stop the alarm from sounding. Other times I remote start the Jeep and that stops the alarm from sounding. This morning, nothing I do will stop the alarm from sounding. I am thinking anout switching to dome light trigger to eliminate the door triggers. I have wired the alarm per intallation using the wiring diagram found here.

I am finding some posts that say not to do that and other that say that is fine. I've even thought about trying to set the alarm to only remote start and remote entry without alarm. This is getting very aggravating as I keep losing sleep because the alarm is going off, has been for several hours this morning. For the first 6 months it was working just fine and then this started. At first, it would be once and done. Now it is not stopping. The alarm will go off as if the door was opened, I will disarm it, rearm it, and it will be fine for 10 to 20 minutes. Then it will go off again.If I just disarm it, sometimes it will wait 20 to 30 minutes, but other times it will go off after 5 minutes. Any suggestions would be great.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2015 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
You didn't give an answer to either Shafferny or Triniforever:-
Can I assume you wired all 4 doors at the BCM diode separating the connections?
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic