the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

where/how to trouble shoot

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
12 volts constant should not change.
Ignition(s) should come on when remote start turns on and stay at 12 volts through the crank cycle.
Accessory(ies) should come on when remote start turns on and drop voltage through the crank cycle.
Starter(s) should show 12 volts only during the crank cycle.
Are any other functions working (locks, trunk, etc)?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 13, 2013 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a hood pin installed? If so, check to make sure it hasn't been damaged.
Kevin Pierson
voltswagon 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
OK I redid every thing. I noticed fused was blown and was hoping that was the issue but no luck. There were no sound or confirmation from the starter module. Not getting my signal seems like but will receive to remote.
When pageing the remote it would sound as it should.
Putting it to valet also how up on remote.
Since I redid everything, I'd also had to reprog the bypass and that work, else it won't start wth a key.
I think its the RS module bad.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
I installed the simplist way, just the starter. No light no lock no trunk no hood.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
Because you say that your car would not start without reprogramming the bypass leads me to believe that there is a problem with the installation. Please list the exact wires from the RS and what they are connected to in the car. Also list any wires that you had to cut to make connections. Include the wires used from RS to bypass module.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

for Chevy Colorado, there's no starter wire.  There is a wire that need to split.

When I say I have to reprogram the bypass, i mean learn the code/key or whatever you call it. 

I'm absolutely sure everything is correctly wired.
91stt wrote:
Because you say that your car would not start without reprogramming the bypass leads me to believe that there is a problem with the installation. Please list the exact wires from the RS and what they are connected to in the car. Also list any wires that you had to cut to make connections. Include the wires used from RS to bypass module.

Here is a new find, this might be it, I will have to try it Wednesday.

where/how to trouble shoot - Page 2 -- posted image.

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
The key does not rely on the bypass module in order to start the car. The key should always be able to start the car, even if the bypass module is dead. Clearly this sounds like a wiring issue.
Humor us and tell us how you connected everything so a proper diagnosis can be performed. It is hard enough to try to diagnosis problems on the web, it is harder when there is little information provided.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

I disagree.

With correct wiring, if your bypass is not learn/programmed it will not start because the DATA ECM/KEY is spliced and has to go thru the bypass module.
Anyway, here's the picture.  Also got a reply from Bulldog Security Support.

where/how to trouble shoot - Page 2 -- posted image.

Here's from Bulldog support:

< ><"Arial">

< ><"Arial">You have a complex issue that requires you to talk to a Master Tech,

< ><"Arial">Please give me a number where I can have him give you a call during the day, Tech Support is in the office 9am thru 5:30pm Monday thru Friday, all times are Eastern, or you can give him a call yourself, his name is J*** at 1-800-561-1110 ext *** and thank you………..Tech Support

Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2013 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the factory wire gets cut, but it is run through an internal relay in the bypass that is closed until the remote start activation signal tells it to open (and send the learned signal to the BCM). It is specifically designed to be closed under failure so it should never prevent the car from starting. My money is on a bad connection as well.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
voltswagon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
Just got done talking with tech. With all re-trouble shooting that I'd already did on my own, tech concluded that I need a new remote. Its not sending signal but receive just fine. New remote is $50 plus shipping, I'm thinking of getting new system from eBay.
Dont Drive and Text, but
Do Text Then Drive
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic