the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999-2002 Silverado Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dan33klein 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2017 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dan33klein
Thanks. I might as well hook up the tach wire also. I agree that it would be more reliable.
dan33klein 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2017 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dan33klein
In this guide For the parking light connection it says + - and to set it positive. How do you set it to positive?
Sorry my kit is not here yet. I just want to be prepared.
dan33klein 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dan33klein
Figured out the light output. Everything is installed and works great.
If installing a 4105l on a dispel vehicle, is there a way to wire in a wait to start input? Or do you have to use the timed function?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2017 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
There is no Wait To Start wire on a 4105. The only Diesel options are a fixed time delay.
Soldering is fun!
kbenny 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2017 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
If anyone on here has a 4105L and has also installed a DSM300 Smartstart module can you tell me if the wires from the 5 pin analog cable have to be connected?
I know the 12v+ and 12v- wires must be hooked up, along with the ESP 4 pin brown harness to the red ESP2/D2D port on the 4105L.
In the manual it says:
NOTE: The analog output wires are only active if the
device has been configured for Analog Wire mode in the
installation portal.
I am not familiar with what this is trying to explain.
rheckbert3 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2017 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rheckbert3
I believe you just need the power and ground connection as well as the D2D/ESP connection.
kbenny 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2017 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
Has anyone hooked up the blue/white -200mA wire to activate the rear window defroster and heated mirrors?
Just curious, I haven't dug into my dash yet to find out. I have the factory wiring diagram also but have to dig through 4 books the size of phone books to find it.
If anyone knows which wires to use and if a relay is needed please let me know.
kbenny 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2017 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
rheckbert3 wrote:
I believe you just need the power and ground connection as well as the D2D/ESP connection.
That is correct, just a 12v+ and 12v- and (on my 4105L) plug thee 3 wire harness adapter into the bitwriter port. Works great.
kbenny 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kbenny
If anyone on here can tell me how to do a "hard reset" on a dsm300 please let me know.
Everything on my system is working properly and the yellow and green lights are continuously lit solid.
I tried activating it and directed has informed me a dealer will need to do a "hard reset" to get it activated.
Tech support claims the unit was dormant for so long it will need this "hard reset" and I have no idea what they are talking about.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
pedaltheglobe 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2018 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pedaltheglobe
kbenny wrote:
Has anyone hooked up the blue/white -200mA wire to activate the rear window defroster and heated mirrors?
Just curious, I haven't dug into my dash yet to find out. I have the factory wiring diagram also but have to dig through 4 books the size of phone books to find it.
If anyone knows which wires to use and if a relay is needed please let me know.
I am also looking to do this on my 2002 Escalade EXT for my rear defogger, heated mirrors, and heated seats using a Viper 5704 and DB3 bypass module. I dont think any aftermarket bypass modules can control these on GM trucks on models older than 2003 due to them not being controlled by the databus. I do think I found a solution for the heated seats...
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=93621&tpn=1
Also a solution for the rear defogger. Potentially the heated mirrors as well assuming this relay controls both...
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=99413
If I use a relay that is signaled by the blue/white -200mA wire on the Viper 5704 to control the heated seats and then also use that wire to tap into the relay for the factory rear defogger relay do I need to diode isolate? How about if I go the other route mentioned in the linked thread and tap in at the climate control module so my rear defrost light is triggered as well. Do I need to diode isolate then?
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic