icon

2012 silverado, viper 5204

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hzhardy 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
besides the safety aspect so I can run with out a hood pin until i get a Escalade latch (has a built in hood pin) or similar
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Yes just don't ground the hood pin wire, leave it disconnected. Do you have the BLACK/ white neutral safety wire permanently grounded as well? Also you NEED to have the toggle switch plugged in and I believe flipped to the on position. I do believe I see those things done in the picture, just making sure. Oh and the default programming for the Viper is for a manual transmission. You have to change Menu 3,1 to Automatic before you try to remote start the vehicle.
Did you check for a factory hood pin wire and test to see if you have one already installed? Its pink/black at the BCM Black plug, pin 17. The black BCM plug is also where the RED / White 15 amp constant power is as well. Pins 1, 2, 3, 4 are individually fused at 15 amps each. To test the pink/black hood pin wire in the car, put your meter's red probe on a known 12 volt source(such as the RED / white wires) then take your black probe and put it on the pink/black wire. with the hood closed you should be at 0 volts and with the hood open, your meter will goto 12 volts.
As for the guides, you should be using the viper guide and then the DB-all as a supplement guide specific to your car. So if the viper says you need to connect a brake wire for shutdown, you would assume it needs to be connected straight to the car. Then you look at the db-all guide and see if it supplies a brake output, if it does then the viper brake goes to the db-all. For the parking light wire, you would assume the same, then look at the db-all guide. the dball doesn't have a parking light hookup, so its got to go directly to the vehicle. etc...
hzhardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
well that is my problem I only have the viper install manual and nothing vehicle specific lol. as for the hood pin my truck does not have it since it is a single cab ls. they only came on the higher tier trucks with factory alarms. For the toggle switch I just soldered the two leads together since I did not want a toggle switch in or under the dash. The neutral safety is soldered together with the ground from the alarm and db all. If i take my unit to a install can i have them write my options with bit writer outside of my truck and not loose the programing? I have the XKloader, but I do not believe it works for the alarms
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
You can have someone program the Viper with the BitWriter for you by just applying Power to the red wires and ground to the viper brain. I do it all the time while bench prepping. I have a 12 volt power supply on the bench I use. It will not forget it's programming when disconnected from power. The Bitwriter is a great tool to have in case you want to change any of the options, you might think of purchasing one. Also, When I install a alarm, I always leave an extra bitwriter cable plugged in as part of the install and tuck it into the kick panel, or zip tie it to the OBD Port. This way if I ever need to change any options for the customer, I don't have to take apart the dash and try to plug the cable in where I mounted the brain. I just searched on Ebay for "bitwriter cable" and they are going for $7. You would need the 3 pin to 3 pin one. Looks like they even make an under the dash mounted one, I hadn't seen that before... pretty cool.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2014 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing not covered in the DB-all Diagram I can think of is:
Constant power - listed it for you above. change fuses to 10 amps on the remote starter if you use the RED / white wire I listed.
Parking Lights - Lt blue(Negative) located at headlight switch or BCM White plug, Pin 8. Make sure that the parking light fuse on the viper is set for Negative parking lights, not positive.
Horn - Tan - Horn switch or BCM Brown Plug, Pin 18
hzhardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2014 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
I picked up a thgm610 t harness just for the ignition switch t. I just can't bring myself to splice my factory harness. I am hoping i have the correct pins for my headlight switch so i can make a t for it as well.
hzhardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
well I got everything hooked up but when I run the remote start sequence it does crank, but the accessory turns on. I am not getting any voltage on the on the ignition wire at the switch. any ideas?
hzhardy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2014 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
*does not crank
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic