icon

5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
DenKat, as per your last question, look up Xpresskit and go to your vehicle.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 6:32 AM / IP Logged  

I am not a big Viper person.  The 570x series has had some connector changes over the years.  Here is a link to the full 5704

install guide :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1204     Compare it to your unit.  Basically the wire name,
function and color remain the same, even if they changed the pin location.

While the transponder wire info isn't a secret, they just don't try to make it easy for people to find.  Your best bet is

becoming familiar with the three major companies ( Fortin, iDatalink and Directed XpressKit ) and their bypass offerings.
Each has a WEB site where anyone can look up your vehicle and then download the specific recommended bypass
module's install guide.  It is amazing all the info you can get that way.  I have found that the guides from iDatalink are
the most accurate / helpful.  While the wiring diagrams contained are specific to their bypass module, the vehicle wire
info / diagrams ( and sometimes photo's ) can be used with any bypass module needing the same vehicle connections.

Here is a link to XpressKit :  http://www.xpresskit.com/

Here is a link to Fortin : https://ifar.ca/en/
Here is a link to ADS iDatalink : http://www.idatalink.com/support

While it is a big learning curve at first, if you want to gain knowledge and be prepared, the time spent researching

your vehicle will pay big dividends.  Nothing like a smooth, no surprises, clean install that works right the first time.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the transponder info from iDatalink :
F-Series Super Duty 2008-10         TX  Pin 3 Yellow/Orange          RX Pin 4 Violet/Gray
Should be a Black 4 Pin Plug found at the ignition switch.
Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks howie II and Kreg
it worked. Damn vehicle wiring. And ford double wires. What I mean is in the same area putting two different wires same colour different purpose. Now once again obviously my fault, I should have seen where where wire was going and determined. But all in all it works.
Actually PKALL works farely well with 5704 and Ford F350 for that matter. Just need to know the truck wire situation
I wish i had spoken to you guys before purchasing. In your opinion guys which are your favourite or what you think are your favourite combinations for ALARM Security Remote Manufactures with features ofcourse? Also favourite Bypass module brand
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Looking at some modules apparently Evo-ALL from Fortin looks good. What do you think
DenKat
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
All the above modules are good, I stick with DB-ALL 'cause it's all we have in the UK.
"And ford double wires."
Try a UK model early Transit Connect (you got the Mk ll) driver side floor loom all door triggers blue/black, there are 4 and one of them is the one you want.
kreg357 
Posted: April 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
I like Compustar and iDatalink.  In bypass modules, Fortin is a very close second, almost neck and neck with iDatalink. 
Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2014 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys sorry to bother you again. So I was half way there
Everything with the alarm works but the remote start is still weird.
So now when I click remote start it goes to ignition and doesn't start. I wired it as we spoke about in the previous posts. Secondly I tried even with the key in and it indicates that it goes to ignition but it doesn't crank
Kreg here is our previous post
Here is your listing :
h3/1 pink ign in/out - DB/LG ignition harness
h3/2 RED / white fused ign2/flex relay in - not used
h3/3 orange accessory out - BK/LG - ignition harness
h3/4 violet start out Rd/LB Engine side of starter wire ignition harness
h3/5 green starter in -- key side of cut starter wire
h3/6 red ign in - tap to const 12v lt grn / YELLOW BCM
h3/7 pink/white ign2 out - not used
h3/8 pink/black flex relay in - not used
h3/9 RED / black acc/starter in - tap to const 12v lt grn / YELLOW BCM
I think we are talking about a 2008 Ford F350. Here is how it should go according to ReadyRemote :
( http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=Ford&model=F350 )
h3/1 pink ign in/out -    WHITE/ Orange @ ignition harness
h3/2 RED / white fused ign2/flex relay       Red (fusible links C and D) +    SJB, black 1 pin plug (H), pin 1
h3/3 orange accessory out -    BROWN / Yellow or Yellow/Orange + ignition switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 7 ignition harness
h3/4 violet start out   Blue/White + ignition switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 10    Engine side of cut starter wire
h3/5 green starter in -- Blue/White + ignition switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 10    key side of cut starter wire
h3/6 red ign in -        Red (fusible links C and D) +    SJB, black 1 pin plug (H), pin 1
h3/7 pink/white ign2 - set to ACC2        PURPLE / Green @ ignition harness
h3/8 pink/black flex relay in -   not used
h3/9 RED / black acc/starter in - Red (fusible links C and D) +    SJB, black 1 pin plug (H), pin 1
Definitely want to test / verify these wires.
Additionally, I would strongly recommend using the H2/17 grey hood pin wire with the hood pin supplied in the Viper kit.
It is a very good safety measure.
Can't help with the Viper programming via the remotes. I took the easy way out and purchased a BitWriter.
Think that truck has Ford's infamous N.C. Door Triggers...
Like I said even with key in it doesn't crank. I do know I got the right blue/white wire in the ignition and I tested it cause when I disconnect the alarm the car doesn't start. What is stopping it from not cranking
Please help
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Also I did change remote to work on automatic transmission and not manual
DenKat
kreg357 
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Does the Viper give any type of error code?  ( See Remote Start Shutdown Diagnostics in the install guide.)
Soldering is fun!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic