icon

5704 issues with remote start f350 diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Have you got or shorted across that stupid two wire flick switch with the black plug, goes between H1 and door lock white plug?
Also BLACK/ white H2? Gone to ground with that one?
ponchantos3 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
On viper remote it says it has started. No error code.
Other thing is when I physically start truck with key and click remote start. It works fine and assumes it has started. I remove key and it stays on. Obviously at this point I can shut down truck from remote. Or it times out after the 12 minutes
Its just not going into cranking position
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Howie II. The BLACK/ White H2/2 is neutral safety which I have going to chassis ground. and if its it the black on the 6pin harness you are talking aboiut H1/2, it also is going to chassis ground.
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
I'm just assuming there's an error in my remote start harness 10pin. What do you think
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
one more thing. I set the time delay for 15 seconds. So it gets into the ignition on stage waits 15 seconds obliviously for glow light to go off. then sits quietly doing nothing. After the 15seconds is complete and shuts off and tries again.
DenKat
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Probably a silly question but have you programmed for and set tach?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

h3/1 pink ign in/out -      WHITE/ Orange @ ignition harness

h3/2 RED / white fused ign2/flex relay        Red (fusible links C and D) +    SJB, black 1 pin plug (H), pin 1
h3/3 orange accessory out -      BROWN / Yellow or Yellow/Orange + ignition switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 7 ignition harness
h3/4 violet start out        Blue/White + ignition switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 10    Engine side of cut starter wire
h3/5 green starter in --   Blue/White + ignition switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 10    key side of cut starter wire
h3/6 red ign in -   Red (fusible links C and D) +    SJB, black 1 pin plug (H), pin 1
h3/7 pink/white ign2 - set to ACC2        PURPLE / Green @ ignition harness
h3/8 pink/black flex relay in -     not used
h3/9 RED / black acc/starter in -    Red (fusible links C and D) +    SJB, black 1 pin plug (H), pin 1

Well, we could breakout the trusty DMM and do some checking.  On the H3 harness, the three fused wires, Red, RED / White

and RED / Black should all show constant +12v power.  Verify that you see this voltage on both side of the fuse or right at the
H3 connector. 

While you have already done this, connect the DMM to the Viper H3/1 Pink wire.  Insert the ignition key and turn to ON.  Verify

+12V.  Move the DMM Red probe to the H3/3 Orange wire and verify +12V.  Rotate the key briefly to START and verify that the
voltage drops.  Do the same with the H3/7 Pink/White wire.  Also double check that the Viper Flex Relay is programmed to
ACC2.  Finally move the DMM Red test lead to the Violet and verify that is only shows +12V when the ignition key is at the
START position.  All of this will verify the trucks ignition wires and the Vipers connections to those wires.

Next verify the Vipers Tach signal input.  Also, perform the Viper Tach Learn process and verify proper results.

If you have the Viper set to a Fixed 15 second Diesel delay, use the DMM to verify the Vipers outputs.  Press remote start

and after a few seconds the Viper should supply power to the IGN, ACC1 and ACC2 output wires.  Check with the DMM.  At
the end of the 15 second delay, have the DMM Red test lead on the Viper H3/4 Violet wire to see if the Viper outputs +12V.

Viper programming :

Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2       Automatic Transmission
Menu 3, Item 2, Option 4       Tach Mode
Menu 3, Item 8, Option 2        Flex Relay = ACC2
Menu 3, Item 9, Option 2        Fixed 15 Second Diesel Delay

While we haven't spent too much time on the PKALL bypass module, now would be a good time to review those connections.

PKALL   Destination
PURPLE / White   RX            F350 transponder plug, Pin 4 Violet/Gray
Yellow/Black   TX             F350 transponder plug, Pin 3 Yellow/Orange         
Blue/White      GWR        Viper, H2/9 dark/blue status out         *** Very Important
Pink     IGN             Viper, H3/1 Pink ( which also goes to F350 Ignition WHITE/ Orange )

Red      +12V        Viper, H1/1  Red

Black    Ground  Viper, H1/2  Black

If you already preformed the PKALL programming procedure successfully, you don't want to do it again.

Soldering is fun!
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just as u sent this message I was ony way to parts store. I brought out dmm and it turned out black red wire fuse was out. Haven't got pkall programmed yet. So it'll get back to u when I get fuse. Thanks Kreg
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg. So yws it was fuse. Ok. That's fixed. So when I keep key in ignition and remote start it starts after my wait to start setup.
Now onto programming. Wires are hooked up as we spoke before and still same. But pkall light still stays full red.
DenKat
ponchantos3 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
So on the pkall should I not hook up the green and black . Ie key sense and ground respectively?
DenKat
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic