icon

2009 camry remote/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
st1nky 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have been scouring this site for weeks and finally had to sign up and ask the following:
2009 camry LE 4 cyl.
http://www.prostartsystems.com/Products/RemoteStartSecurity/CT-5072.aspx
paired with
http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=196
so confused....
Questions:
for the xpresskit the remote starter/alarm has a port for the d2d cable but i still must connect the following correct?
at black 7 pin connector:
PURPLE / white to RX(data in) - Brown wire
yellow/black to TX(data out) - Red wire
blue/white to (-) while running wire
green to key sense
pink - not used
rose - not used
and thats it?
for the remote/alarm its much more confusing
red 12v battery - black 30a at ign
purple +30a starter output - blue at ign
red 12v battery - black 30a at ign
yellow +30a Ign output - yellow at ign(also made a relay to power 2nd ign wire(pink) from this same yellow wire)
orange +30a Acc output - white at ign
green +30a 5th relay(made it 2nd starter) - grey at ign
black chassis ground - GROUND
purple ac tach input -black wire pin 9 by airbag
grey hood switch - hood switch
orange + brake input - blue at brake pedal
yellow + 12v parking light input - brown at long white connector at fuse box ??? <<<<<<---------
blue aux 3 trunk - do i really need this???????
brown (-)lock output - purple drivers kick panel white connector
green (-)unlock output - green driver kick panel " "   " "
WHITE/ brown - arm output
WHITE/ green - disarm output
blue/white (+) door input- ???????????????
WHITE/ orange - starter kill output(probably wont use)
orange - park brake N/A
purple siren output - to pos siren
white ground out while running - hooked to relay made for 2nd ign and the imobilizer blue/white wire (diode required here?)
grey (-) door input -???????????
yellow glow plug - N/A
grey/light blue - N/A
WHITE/ purple horn output (will use siren) N/A
BLACK/ green aux 2 output N/A
BLACK/ brown priority door output - ???????
yellow (-) parking light output - use this or use the pos park light???????????
well thats as far as i got,if i am correct on this then i will actually try to install the unit but i would like to be sure before i start
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2014 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
is your dball flashed for your vehicle?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2014 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
well its supposed to have that all inside the brain
"The PKALL is a data transponder bypass module that is compatible with more than 700 vehicle models from 1998 through 2009. This module is Self Learning and ready to install right out of the box!"
but as I read more I see using the D2D hookup I do not need to use a lot of the wires I had planned,did not fully understand what D2D was,probably still do not fully understand so if you can help please chime in
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2014 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
woops, i assumed you were using a DBALL, The pkall will work for transponder bypass. You will still need to wire the locks, brake shutdown, parking light, trunk release, defrost (option) etc.
If you want to make the install super easy, a data bypass or can-bus interface would reducing your wiring. No need for d2d on a pkall. Simpy power ground, immobo wires and ground when running (status)
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2014 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
oh,I was starting to think the D2D connection and the RX(data in), TX(data out) was going to run the light,locks and trunk and I would just need to do the basic remote starter wires for the starter/alarm.Appears I have another month of research to do
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
hmm,lots of visitors but no buyers :P
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
no one?
truthunter 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
I'm in the process of installing a PKALL in a 2006 Lexus ES330 with regular key start and my connection in the same as yours; connection 7 on page 8 on the PKALL instructions. Have you looked at the 7pin connector at the ignition switch where you have to connect the RX/TX wires from the PKALL? Mine will not disconnect and it is a over-molded connector which I'm kind of reluctant to cut open.
I haven't looked at your car's or RS wiring charts but it looks like you have a good handle on the connections.
You will only need to connect to either the + or - on the parking light output and the door inputs.
You only need Aux3 output connected if you want remote truck pop.
And I believe the "priority" door output is if you want progressive door unlock; hit unlock button once to unlock just the driver's door and hit it again to unlock all doors.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

Here you go:

Assumptions : 2009 Camry 4 cyl, non-PTS, auto trans, no Factory Alarm System
PKALL install diagram :  http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=6226&productid=196&firmwareid=1636
CT5072 wiring diagram :  http://www.prostartsystems.com/Docs/CT_5072_wd_en_h5xsx.pdf

PKALL black 7 pin connector:

PURPLE / white to RX(data in) - Brown wire @ Transponder 7 pin plug , Pin 4

yellow/black to TX(data out) -          Red wire @ Transponder 7 pin plug , Pin 5
blue/white to (-) while running wire              CT-5072 Pin 10 White
green to key sense   blue (-)  ignition key switch, white 2 pin plug, pin 1
pink - not used
rose - not used

CT-5072

red 12v battery -        black 30a at ign
purple +30a starter output -    blue at ign
red 12v battery -        black 30a at ign
yellow +30a Ign output -         yellow at ign(also made a relay to power 2nd ign wire(pink) from this same yellow wire)
orange +30a Acc output -       white at ign
green +30a 5th relay( set to 2nd starter)        grey at ign
black chassis ground -           GROUND
purple ac tach input -   OBD2, black wire @ pin 9 by airbag
grey hood switch -    hood switch
orange + brake input -           blue at brake pedal  ( might be White )
yellow + 12v parking light input -        not used
blue aux 3 trunk -     not used ( optional w/relay )
brown (-)lock output - purple drivers kick panel white connector pin 15
green (-)unlock output -        green driver kick panel " "   " " pin 7
WHITE/ brown - arm output     not used
WHITE/ green - disarm output not used
blue/white (+) door input-     not used
WHITE/ orange - starter kill output        optional w/relay
orange - park brake N/A       not used
purple siren output -   to pos siren
white ground out while running -       hooked to relay made for 2nd ign and the imobilizer blue/white wire  * diode isolate
grey (-) door input - ***see Door Pin info below.  Use 4 diodes for isolation.
yellow glow plug -    N/A
grey/light blue -        N/A
WHITE/ purple horn output       (will use siren) N/A
BLACK/ green aux 2 output      N/A
BLACK/ brown priority door output -      not used ( optional for priority unlock )
yellow (-) parking light output -          black (-)  @ headlight switch, white connector

*** Door Pins : Drivers BLUE & Drivers Rear LT GREEN (-) In Drivers Side Body Harness

Pass Door YELLOW & Pass Rear GRAY (-) Behind Fuse Box In White Conn

If you want to add trunk monitoring to alarm system, add this wire to the 4 door pin wires ( w/diode ) listed above :

Trunk Pin   WHITE (-) @ 28 PIN PLUG AT BECU PIN 25

Soldering is fun!
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2014 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
st1nky wrote:
for the xpresskit the remote starter/alarm has a port for the d2d cable but i still must connect the following correct?
[Yes... The D2D feature doesn't save time on this partricular install... But you may connect the power connector to the D2D post or hardwiring it directly to 12v positive & ground]
at black 7 pin connector:
PURPLE / white to RX(data in) - Brown wire   [Correct]
yellow/black to TX(data out) - Red wire    [Correct]
blue/white to (-) while running wire    [Correct]
green to key sense    [Correct]
pink - not used     [Correct]
rose - not used     [Correct]
and thats it? [Yes]
red 12v battery - black 30a at ign   [Correct]
purple +30a starter output - blue at ign   [Correct]
red 12v battery - black 30a at ign   [Correct]
yellow +30a Ign output - yellow at ign(also made a relay to power 2nd ign wire(pink) from this same yellow wire)   [Correct & correct]
orange +30a Acc output - white at ign   [Correct]
green +30a 5th relay(made it 2nd starter) - grey at ign   [Correct (be sure to set the jumper on the prostart to "Starter 2")]
black chassis ground - GROUND   [Correct]
purple ac tach input -black wire pin 9 by airbag   [Not sure what the reference to the airbag is, but the black tach wire is on the OBD plug under the driver's dash]
grey hood switch - hood switch   [Correct -- can also connect to the factory hood switch instead. (-) Red located @ Large grey 25-pin plug, just left of the steering column]
orange + brake input - blue at brake pedal   [Correct (the wire may change colour from white to blue)]
yellow + 12v parking light input - brown at long white connector at fuse box ??? <<<<<<--------- [Not connected (do not use (+) parking lights, use the (-) instead)]
blue aux 3 trunk - do i really need this??????? [Not required if you don't want remote trunk release... If you do want, you'll need to use a relay]
brown (-)lock output - purple drivers kick panel white connector   [Use the brown (factory alarm arm) in the same white connecter instead]
green (-)unlock output - green driver kick panel " "   " "   [Use the grey (factory alarm disarm) in the same white connecter instead (*be sure to program the unlock to double pulse)]
**Both the factory alarm arm & disarm wires will give a reading on the multimeter while the key is being turned into the driver's lock cylinder.
WHITE/ brown - arm output   [Not needed]
WHITE/ green - disarm output   [Not needed unless you're connecting the trunk release]
blue/white (+) door input- ???????????????   [Not connected, will be using the (-) door input instead]
WHITE/ orange - starter kill output(probably wont use)   [Optional]
orange - park brake N/A [Not connected]
purple siren output - to pos siren [Correct]
white ground out while running - hooked to relay made for 2nd ign and the imobilizer blue/white wire (diode required here?)   [Correct; may use a quenching diode on the relay... or 2 diodes to isolate the outputs]
grey (-) door input -??????????? [Needs to be connected if you want the alarm to monitor the doors... Will need 4 diodes to isolate the doors from one another, let me know & I can clarify]
yellow glow plug - N/A   [Not connected]
grey/light blue - N/A [Not connected]
WHITE/ purple horn output (will use siren) N/A   [Optional]
BLACK/ green aux 2 output N/A   
BLACK/ brown priority door output - ???????   [Optional - if you want to have the driver's door unlock on the 1st press, then all the others unlock on the 2nd press]
yellow (-) parking light output - use this or use the pos park light??????????? [Use this: connect to Black @ Headlight switch, white 20 pin plug, pin 18]
Let me know if you need anything clarified.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic