2009 camry remote/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
st1nky 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357
thanks,seems I have the diodes backwards and I was so proud of my soldering job now i must unsolder it :(
tedmond
i have the keysense wire
PKALL black 7 pin connector:
PURPLE / white to RX(data in) -        Brown wire @ Transponder 7 pin plug , Pin 4
yellow/black to TX(data out) -       Red wire @ Transponder 7 pin plug , Pin 5
blue/white to (-) while running wire  CT-5072 Pin 10 White
green to key sense        blue (-) ignition key switch, white 2 pin plug, pin 1
pink - not used
rose - not used
The door hookup i understand was just the priority door deal but if what you said here:
"Why use the factory alarm wires at the kick? it allow the door locks to function when the vehicle is running."
I assume that means using my key button to open doors will work normally so priority door is moot.
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond also my Camry has no factory alarm.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
When using the vehicles lock/unlock wire, this will simulate as if you were pressing the lock switch at the driver door panel. Pressing lock always locks all doors, and all doors open with unlock.
When using the factory alarm wires, this simulates the key in the drivers key hole. One turn unlocks drivers door, second turn opens remaining doors. So long story short,you can get priority driver unlock;and have a second unlock stage when using factory alarm wires.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
sweet,thanks for clearing that up for me tedmond, I do believe I am ready to install now, just need a semi warm day :P
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2014 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  
Does the Camry unlock the driver's door mechanically on the first key turn or is it electronically via the door motor?
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2014 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
yellow_cake wrote:
Does the Camry unlock the driver's door mechanically on the first key turn or is it electronically via the door motor?
Just went out and tested,I would say it is is it electronically via the door motor
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Well today was the big day,spent four hours doing wires and all the soldiering took forever,seems when its cold out it takes longer lol. Anyway it seemed to go well,all wires were where they were supposed to be but it got dark,gets dark here by 4:30 currently so I tied up what I could,put the dash back together and left the hookup to the modules for the morning. Everything is taped/tied up nicely and the spot to tie up the module is accessible so hopefully in the morning its just a matter of plugging it in,putting the fuses in and programming the unit,then I believe I plug in the expresskit and do do the key and hopefully i press the button and the car starts and doesn't catch on fire :P. WISH ME LUCK!
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Seems I need help again,as I am plugging in the wires the connector with the neg [parking lights,soon as i plug that one in parking lights come on,I do not have the fuses in yet....... is baffling me seems its sending to tell the lights to come on no idea why bah
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Could the relay inside the module sit at neg connection when the module has no power,so when I put the fuse in it will break the circuit and lights will go off?
st1nky 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok thank you everyone who assisted me,seems once i put the fuses in the lights flashed a few times and went out,everything is working perfectly :P. I did not hook up the door pins but now that I have confirmed to myself I know what I am doing I will hook those up on the next warm day.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic