the12volt.com spacer
icon

69 Dodge Charger, DEI 530T & Avital 5303

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Those are resistors, not diodes.
If you have one of the few RadioShacks left near you, they used to have a 25 pack of generic 1 amp switching diodes. Microcenter or Fry's should have diodes as well.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
geepherder 
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Those are resistors, not diodes.
If you have one of the few RadioShacks left near you, they used to have a 25 pack of generic 1 amp switching diodes. Microcenter or Fry's should have diodes as well.
dino69 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
Oh oops 69 Dodge Charger, DEI 530T & Avital 5303 - Page 4 -- posted image.
Radio Shack here is long gone, but I'll find one somewhere.
Tried soldering two 10 awg wires today and no go with my pencil iron. How much watt should it be?
geepherder 
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
1 amp diodes will be fine.
Soldering big wires like that is easier with a small butane torch.
dino69 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2018 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
Alright I'll pick up a butane torch tomorrow. I have a few of these big wires to do.
Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it.
dino69 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2018 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
I bought a mini torch which made short work of these fat wires. I also bought 1n/4001 diodes so I can finish this project.
dino69 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2018 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
I finished all the wiring but not everything works. The door locks do not work, which is odd seeing it's just two wires, and I have no power going to my windows at all. I do hear both 530T's clicking so they're getting power. I'll have to go over the original window wiring loom, I must have missed something.
The door locks have me puzzled though.
I cannot test the remote starter yet as there is no ignition or fuel system installed yet but I'm optimistic it will work.
When I arm and disarm the alarm system I do get one chirp for arm and two chirps for disarm so that seems to work. The remote also buzzes accordingly. Trunk lock also works fine.
The shock sensor LED lights up when I bump the car, this is with the alarm disarmed. I wasn't up for a full blown siren in my closed garage just yet!
Any clue as to what may have happened with the door locks? The actuators work fine when touching the wires to the battery but once hooked up to the brain it's a no go.
dino69 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2018 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
Correction, when arming the alarm it chirps once. I forgot to push down the hood switch (hood is no on the car) so it gave me a second bypass notification chirp.
geepherder 
Posted: November 06, 2018 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
It's hard to tell without knowing how they are connected. In the relay section, look at diagram 12. I'd post the link, but my phone is misbehaving.
Are your locks connected like that?
dino69 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2018 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dino69
That's the diagram I used yes but I must have done something wrong. Thanks for confirming that at least I used the right diagram! I will be working on the car again on Thursday so I will update my findings. I ust realized I didn't use any diodes there, should there no be one?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic