the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5906v on a 2000 Cadillac Deville

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mscguy 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
That's a diode. It's good that it's there, as long as the grey band is toward 86. You said 86 was +12vdc.
So, you're getting no voltage to either acc 1 or 2 then at your ign switch during remote start?
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Try something else. Put your voltmeter red probe on +12v and black probe on the -200ma accessory wire. It should show 12 volts during remote start.
ttimms20 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
None what could burn out the wires but not blow a fuse or affect the remote start also
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
At any point did you connect any of those small 24 pin wires directly to anything at your ignition switch or the remote start harness?
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Nothing on that also
We Ride
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
I don't recall doing so
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2016 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Well, unless something got changed in the bitwriter that would disable your accessory output, I would say that your brain is no good. I'm not a pro, but I can't think of anything outside of your starter module that would not allow anything out of your acc wire.
Check your +12 connections to that 4gauge wire again. Make sure they're tight, and check your fuses with a volt meter. One probe on either side of fuse. Should read 0 volt.
Maybe change your ground too. You said it's sanded to metal, but is it to the body or the dashboard? Dashboards don't always have the best electrical connection to the body.
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2016 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Ok thanks, I'll try to have them swap the unit out. Also on the rear defogger I have a option for it on the remote. So just the temp have to. E low for me to be able to use it. Also do I need a relay for the gas door to be on one of the aux options.
We Ride
mscguy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2016 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mscguy
Doesn't look like you need a relay.
Rear fuse block, Connector C2 (brown), Pin F9. White wire. Test to make sure though.
Viper 5906v on a 2000 Cadillac Deville - Page 5 -- posted image.
ttimms20 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ttimms20
Wired ot directly to the wire at the fuel do switch, set for validity and it works fine
We Ride
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic