the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Subaru Outback Compustar 7000as Blade-al

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frank13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
Hi I decided to install a Compustar 7000as Remote starter/alarm system in my 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5L. I managed to get the remote starter installed so that the starter will attempt to crank the engine over, but it will not stay running. When I installed the blade-al, the light on the blade just blinked red.
I made the following connections:
High Current Ignition Harness:
Black to Ground
Green to Green (ignition)
Yellow to WHITE/ Black wire at starter solenoid
Blue to Blue (blower motor)
White to Yellow (accessory)
Red to White or constant 12v
Green White to Black Blue parking light wire behind drivers side fuse panel
Red to White or constant 12v
CN5 (Gray Plug)
Yellow/Black (Tach in) to fuel injector wire
Gray/Black (hood in) to hood switch
BROWN / White (keysense in) to BLACK/ White at A4
RED / White (Door Trigger In) to Blue White at C14
Blue (Unlock Out) to BROWN / Black at C20
Blue/Green (Lock Out) to BROWN / White at C9
Light Blue/White (Food Brake In) to BROWN / White at A10
White (Horn Out) to Red at A24
Brown (Siren Out) to Red Siren Wire
Everything seems to work fine other than anything associated with the blade. The light on the blade flashes red whether if the car is running or shut off. I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these Subarus so that I can figure out what I am doing wrong with this thing.
I tried to connect the blade-al harness with the following connections:
BROWN / Red (Can H) to pin 6 OBDII connector
BROWN / Yellow (Can L) to pin 14 OBDII connector
For the following IMMO data connection I unplugged plug A and cut wire 31.
WHITE/ Red (IMMO Data Vehicle Side) connected to pin 31 vehicle side
ORANGE / Black (IMMO Data Vehicle Side) connected to pin 31 vehicle side
WHITE/ Black (IMMO Data Connector Side) connected to pin 31 connector side
For Keyless I unplugged plug D and cut wire 11
Blue / YELLOW (Keyless Relay Output) connected to vehicle side
GREEN/ Red (Keyless Data Output) connected to connector side
Security Light is also on Plug D wire 26. For that I cut that wire and wired it as follows:
Gray/Red (Security Light) connected to connector side
ORANGE / White (Security Light Vehicle Side) connected to vehicle side of wire
Those wires for the blade harness were wired so that the connections that are needed for the blade go through the blade in a serial like connection. That seems to be my thinking why they show a scissors in the instructions meaning that they want you to cut the wire that goes to that plug and one wire goes on one side and another wire goes on the other side to force the information to go through the 7000as.
The only issues that I have are with this blade harness. After making those connections I blew a hazzard fuse which caused my blinkers, headlights, hazzards to stop working while the AT Trans oil light was on and I also could not put the car in reverse.
Does anyone have what I am doing wrong or any experience with installing this on 2013 or 2014 Subaru Outback? I have been working on this for a week and have been doing a lot of research by searching these forums and google to no avail. Any help is much appreciated.
Blade-al wiring instructions
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Going by the BLADE-AL(DL)-SUB3 install guide, a Red flashing Blade LED with the Ignition OFF means incorrectly
programmed Blade. A few questions :
1.) Was the Blade module flashed with the BLADE-AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware?
2.) Did you follow the programming steps and get the correct indications during programming? Programming includes
     the KLON process using the CM7000 module w/Blade, the ADS USB cable and a PC w/internet access.
If all your wiring is correct, you could try doing a Factory Reset on the Blade and starting the programming again.
I do have a few problems with your wiring.
1.) Did you include the Keyless relay as shown in the Type 3 diagram?
2.) You went directly to the Starter solenoid instead of adding a 30/40 AMP SPDT relay and power both of the
     Starter circuits at the ignition switch as shown in the diagram. While your method might work ( never tried it
     that way ), I would suggest following the install guide wiring exactly.
Did replacing the Hazard fuse correct all the issues you mentioned? Typically, I make all my connections without
unplugging any BIU ( BCM ) connectors.
Soldering is fun!
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
duringng Programming-During Remote Start-With ignition oFF
Flashing RED Missing/wrong information from
firmware or vehicle Incorrectly programmed or Incorrectly connected.
did you get the flashers to work when you replaced the fuse ?
double check your can wire connections,a broken can wire can cause crazy issues .
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
Going by the BLADE-AL(DL)-SUB3 install guide, a Red flashing Blade LED with the Ignition OFF means incorrectly
programmed Blade. A few questions :
1.) Was the Blade module flashed with the BLADE-AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware?
2.) Did you follow the programming steps and get the correct indications during programming? Programming includes
     the KLON process using the CM7000 module w/Blade, the ADS USB cable and a PC w/internet access.
If all your wiring is correct, you could try doing a Factory Reset on the Blade and starting the programming again.
I do have a few problems with your wiring.
1.) Did you include the Keyless relay as shown in the Type 3 diagram?
2.) You went directly to the Starter solenoid instead of adding a 30/40 AMP SPDT relay and power both of the
     Starter circuits at the ignition switch as shown in the diagram. While your method might work ( never tried it
     that way ), I would suggest following the install guide wiring exactly.
Did replacing the Hazard fuse correct all the issues you mentioned? Typically, I make all my connections without
unplugging any BIU ( BCM ) connectors.
The module was not flashed. It blinked red from the start which it should not do if its working right. I tried to hook it up to a usb cable for the heck of it but their software did not recognize it. I think that may be due to the fact that its supposed to first turn on and blink blue once, red, and blue twice which this never did. It just flashed red.
I have tried a factory reset, just blinks red.
I did not include the keyless relay. Is it within the same area under the steering wheel?
Yeah, I went directly to the starter solenoid just because starter 1 and 2 for some reason did not seem to turn over the starter when hot was applied. The dash would light up 3 times and the starter would never kick in.
I may have to look into setting up that relay. A relay did come with the 7000as but I was not sure how it would be hooked up. I have hooked up relays before, just not this one.
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
prdjr165 wrote:
duringng Programming-During Remote Start-With ignition oFF
Flashing RED Missing/wrong information from
firmware or vehicle Incorrectly programmed or Incorrectly connected.
did you get the flashers to work when you replaced the fuse ?
double check your can wire connections,a broken can wire can cause crazy issues .
Yes, I unhooked the blade harness and connected those wires back to the way they were from the factory and replaced the fuse. For now it has seemed to fix those issues.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2016 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I might be misinterpreting your info and replies a bit. Please excuse me if I am.
The Compustar CM7000as is a R/S system that includes keyless entry and alarm functions. It also has a docking port
for the iDatalink ADS Blade module.
The ADS Blade cartridge is a module that is designed to cover many functions for many vehicles. It is flashed with
specific firmware that sets it up to interface with a specific vehicle in a specific way. There are hundreds of different
firmwares that can be flashed on to the module. Your 2013 Subaru Outback needs the ADS Blade-AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware.
The process of flashing the Blade cartridge is as follows :
1. Insert the Blade AL cartridge into the Compustar CM700as slot.
2. Plug the ADS USB cable into the correct 4 Pin port CN7.
3. Plug the ADS USB cable into your PC and sign on the ADS's WEBLink site.
4. Wait until the site recognizes your CM7000as and Blade cartridge.
5. Select your vehicle and flash the firmware.
At this point you can configure the Blade module and certain programming features on the CM7000as module.
Next you would disconnect the CM7000as from the ADS USB cable and plug in all the connectors necessary for your
vehicle install. Next comes inserting the fuses and programming the Blade to the vehicle.
Part of the vehicle programming process has you disconnect all the harnesses on the CM7000as and plugging
in the ADS USB cable for the KLON process. KLON is what makes a copy of the transponder chip info and writes
it back into the Blade module for use during a remote start.
Photo of ADS USB cable :
2013 Subaru Outback Compustar 7000as Blade-al -- posted image.
Is this what you are doing?
Compustar and iDatalink put together a very comprehensive install guide and diagram to make the install go smoothly,
not harm your vehicle and ensure reliable operation. Deviating from this guide doesn't make sense. If a relay or
diode is shown in the diagram, it's included for a very valid reason.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
I might be misinterpreting your info and replies a bit. Please excuse me if I am.
The Compustar CM7000as is a R/S system that includes keyless entry and alarm functions. It also has a docking port
for the iDatalink ADS Blade module.
The ADS Blade cartridge is a module that is designed to cover many functions for many vehicles. It is flashed with
specific firmware that sets it up to interface with a specific vehicle in a specific way. There are hundreds of different
firmwares that can be flashed on to the module. Your 2013 Subaru Outback needs the ADS Blade-AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware.
The process of flashing the Blade cartridge is as follows :
1. Insert the Blade AL cartridge into the Compustar CM700as slot.
2. Plug the ADS USB cable into the correct 4 Pin port CN7.
3. Plug the ADS USB cable into your PC and sign on the ADS's WEBLink site.
4. Wait until the site recognizes your CM7000as and Blade cartridge.
5. Select your vehicle and flash the firmware.
At this point you can configure the Blade module and certain programming features on the CM7000as module.
Next you would disconnect the CM7000as from the ADS USB cable and plug in all the connectors necessary for your
vehicle install. Next comes inserting the fuses and programming the Blade to the vehicle.
Part of the vehicle programming process has you disconnect all the harnesses on the CM7000as and plugging
in the ADS USB cable for the KLON process. KLON is what makes a copy of the transponder chip info and writes
it back into the Blade module for use during a remote start.
Photo of ADS USB cable :
2013 Subaru Outback Compustar 7000as Blade-al -- posted image.
Is this what you are doing?
Compustar and iDatalink put together a very comprehensive install guide and diagram to make the install go smoothly,
not harm your vehicle and ensure reliable operation. Deviating from this guide doesn't make sense. If a relay or
diode is shown in the diagram, it's included for a very valid reason.
It will not accept my blade yet. I think I need to connect the wire for keyless relay to the keyless relay. I just have to find it near the steering wheel. I seen a couple of them by the fuse panel so I just to find the right one.
I am also looking the instructions that came with the 7000a and I am going to try using the relay that they gave with it.
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
Does anyone know where the keyless relay is at for the 2013 Outback? I am trying to find it by listening for a clicking noise when I hit the unlock button. I found a gray relay with 8 wires going to it which seems to be the flasher. But I still can not find the keyless relay even after doing some google searching.
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The "keyless relay" shown on the Type 3 wiring diagram on Page 10 of 16 is not part of the vehicle. It is an extra
relay that you must supply. It does not have to be a 30/40 Amp relay. I would use a 12V mini-relay found on EBay
that can handle 10 amps. They go for about $2. You could get a DEI 8616 prewired relay for about $6.
And yes, you can use the FT-ELock Relay for the keyless relay in the diagram. Wire as follows :
Red wire to +12V constant through 3 amp fuse
Purple wire BLUE / YELLOW - KEYLESS RELAY (-) OUTPUT
Yellow/Black wire to Keyless wire - body side
Yellow wire to Keyless wire - connector side ( same wire as GREEN/ Red Keyless (Data) output
Of course this still leaves the Starter2 circuit and the KLON portion of the Blade bypass module programming as issues.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
The "keyless relay" shown on the Type 3 wiring diagram on Page 10 of 16 is not part of the vehicle. It is an extra
relay that you must supply. It does not have to be a 30/40 Amp relay. I would use a 12V mini-relay found on EBay
that can handle 10 amps. They go for about $2. You could get a DEI 8616 prewired relay for about $6.
And yes, you can use the FT-ELock Relay for the keyless relay in the diagram. Wire as follows :
Red wire to +12V constant through 3 amp fuse
Purple wire BLUE / YELLOW - KEYLESS RELAY (-) OUTPUT
Yellow/Black wire to Keyless wire - body side
Yellow wire to Keyless wire - connector side ( same wire as GREEN/ Red Keyless (Data) output
Of course this still leaves the Starter2 circuit and the KLON portion of the Blade bypass module programming as issues.
There is a relay supplied with the 7000as which I hooked up according to the instructions in the manual, but it did not work. I had the same issue. It would turn the ignition on 3 times and give me a start error 8. So I disconnected the relay and put it back to how I had it with the starter green wire going directly to the solenoid and now it works again.
Can I use the relay that came with the 7000as for keyless? It has ports 30, 85, 86 and 87. I'm going to try to wire that relay for my keyless as according to idadalinks guide since I am not going to use it for the remote start part.
The starter 2 wire is WHITE/ green, but I am not sure what its used for and thought I did not need it.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic