the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Subaru Outback Compustar 7000as Blade-al

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frank13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
Now I have the blade harness connected to the keyless relay and other wires as it instructs and it still flashes red.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
That,I believe is due to the Blade / vehicle programming.
Guess I will be real specific.
1.) Are you sure that the ADS Blade AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware is flashed on to the Blade module? How do you know this?
2.) Do you have the ADS USB cable ( previously pictured ) to do the second part of the Blade bypass module programming ( KLON process )? This is not optional, it is mandatory for the transponder bypass function.
3.) If you answered yes to the above 2 questions, did the entire programming process go as per the install guide instructions?
4.) If you answered yes to questions 1 and 2 and No to Question #3, have you tried a Factory Reset on the Blade cartridge? Also recheck all your connections ( they should be properly soldered and insulated ).
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Can I use the relay that came with the 7000as for keyless? It has ports 30, 85, 86 and 87. I'm going to try to wire that relay for my keyless as according to idadalinks guide since I am not going to use it for the remote start part.
Answer : No. The relay you need for the Keyless Relay must have Pin 87A. In the un-energized state, the relay must allow the Keyless signal to pass normally. When energized, the relay disconnects the Keyless signal and permits the Blade to inject its' own data signal.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
That,I believe is due to the Blade / vehicle programming.
Guess I will be real specific.
1.) Are you sure that the ADS Blade AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware is flashed on to the Blade module? How do you know this?
2.) Do you have the ADS USB cable ( previously pictured ) to do the second part of the Blade bypass module programming ( KLON process )? This is not optional, it is mandatory for the transponder bypass function.
3.) If you answered yes to the above 2 questions, did the entire programming process go as per the install guide instructions?
4.) If you answered yes to questions 1 and 2 and No to Question #3, have you tried a Factory Reset on the Blade cartridge? Also recheck all your connections ( they should be properly soldered and insulated ).
1. I did not flash anything to the blade-al.
2. I do have the usb cable for it.
3. Initial programming did not go as according to the instructions since it just flashes red. I can not go anywhere from there to program it.
4. I have tried a factory reset and it just flashes red.
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
Can I use the relay that came with the 7000as for keyless? It has ports 30, 85, 86 and 87. I'm going to try to wire that relay for my keyless as according to idadalinks guide since I am not going to use it for the remote start part.
Answer : No. The relay you need for the Keyless Relay must have Pin 87A. In the un-energized state, the relay must allow the Keyless signal to pass normally. When energized, the relay disconnects the Keyless signal and permits the Blade to inject its' own data signal.
I think I must have red those numbers wrong. This relay that came with the 7000as has ports 30, 85, 86, 87a and 87.
Would this relay work any different for this blade module than the one that came with the 7000as even though it has the pins that the instructions want?
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
Looks like it won't allow a link to ebay. Will item number 93207086168 from ebay work any different than the relay I am using now from the 7000as?
DEI 8616 MINI CIRCUIT RELAY 20/10 AMP PREWIRED DIRECTED FOR CAR ALARM SYSTEM
http://www.ebay dot com/itm/DEI-8616-MINI-CIRCUIT-RELAY-20-10-AMP-PREWIRED-DIRECTED-FOR-CAR-ALARM-SYSTEM-/131214639487?hash=item1e8d00817f:g:-e4AAOSwENxXl9Ca
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If the relay has Pins 85, 86, 87A and 30 you are good to go with the Keyless relay. You only need Pins 85, 86, 87A and
30 as shown in the diagram. Pin 87 would not be used. The EBay relay will work for this application, too.
For the Starter2 circuit, you need a 30/40 Amp relay with Pin 85, 86, 87 and 30. The most commonly available relay is a
SPDT and it has all 5 pins ( 85, 86, 87, 87A and 30 ). Here is the wiring for Starter2 :
Relay Pin 85 to CM700as CN 5-19 (-) Start Output
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V constant through 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Starter2 in Outback at ignition switch harness
Relay Pin 87A not used
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The remaining problem is the Blade AL cartridge. Apparently it does not have the correct firmware on it. As it
currently stands it will not work. Kind of like installing a new, raw, low level formatted hard drive into your PC
and expecting it to boot up with Windows 10 ready to load applications. Hard drives aren't sold that way and neither
are Blade AL bypass cartridges.
The Blade AL must have ADS Blade AL(DL)-SUB3 firmware flashed on it. That means you need the ADS USB cable and
authorized access to the the Flashlick WEB site. I already posted the ADS USB cable you need. Here is a link for
iDatalink registration : http://www.idatalink.com/weblink/user/registration
You could try bringing the CM700as with Blade AL cartridge installed to a local BestBuy with a box of doughnuts.
They might help you out but for your Subaru it is a 2 step flash process because of the needed KLON flash. First
the firmware flash and then at Step 5 through 8, you must reconnect the CM7000as w/Blade to the ADS USB cable for
KLON Extended programming. This is all detailed on Page 15 of 16 in the install guide.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2016 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
So the blade tells the relay when to block the keyless signal so the blade can inject its own. This is a DEI 8616 relay that I need. I found it on ebay, but would any type of store actually carrry something like this? Otherwise I just have to wait for shipping from ebay.
kreg357 
Posted: November 06, 2016 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I believe most better auto parts stores carry the full size 30/40 Amp Bosch style relays. They can be used for both
applications, the Keyless relay and the Starter2 relay. The Directed 8616 relay can only be used for the Keyless
function due to its' 10 Amp rating. Either way you must wait for the ADS USB cable unless you can find a local shop
willing to do the initial firmware flash and the KLON flash.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic