the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Subaru Outback Compustar 7000as Blade-al

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frank13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2016 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
I believe most better auto parts stores carry the full size 30/40 Amp Bosch style relays. They can be used for both
applications, the Keyless relay and the Starter2 relay. The Directed 8616 relay can only be used for the Keyless
function due to its' 10 Amp rating. Either way you must wait for the ADS USB cable unless you can find a local shop
willing to do the initial firmware flash and the KLON flash.
I already have the usb cable. I ordered a relay off ebay. I just have to wait a few days for it to get here and hopefully that will allow the blade to function.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2016 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If you have the cable, sign in and do the firmware flash. You can also do some module configuration. It should be possible to program the Blade to the car and do the KLON process without the Starter2 relay but everything else done.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2016 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
If you have the cable, sign in and do the firmware flash. You can also do some module configuration. It should be possible to program the Blade to the car and do the KLON process without the Starter2 relay but everything else done.
I tried. Their software did not seem to recognize it. I'm thinking maybe the initial process when you first initialize it by turning the vehicle on installs something and I have not go that far with not having the correct relay for the keyless signal. Its light blinks red so it must not be able to install the initial programming when it blinks red like that.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prdjr165
frank13 wrote:
[QUOTE=kreg357] If you have the cable, sign in and do the firmware flash. You can also do some module configuration. It should be possible to program the Blade to the car and do the KLON process without the Starter2 relay but everything else done.
I tried. Their software did not seem to recognize it.
make sure your using Internet Explorer.
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
prdjr165 wrote:
frank13 wrote:
[QUOTE=kreg357] If you have the cable, sign in and do the firmware flash. You can also do some module configuration. It should be possible to program the Blade to the car and do the KLON process without the Starter2 relay but everything else done.
I tried. Their software did not seem to recognize it.
make sure your using Internet Explorer.
I tried chrome and then I tried internet explorer. Their software would not recognize it in either browser. Unless it don't like windows 10. I have a machine that is running windows 7. I could probably try that. I'm thinking its kind of like a computer hard drive and that something needs to be installed on it first by being connected to my car properly. My thinking is that won't happen until this relay gets here.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
In Windows 10, it uses Microsoft Edge, which does not work with ADS Flashlink. While you have Edge open, click on the three dots in the right corner and then "Open with Internet Explorer". That will work.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
In Windows 10, it uses Microsoft Edge, which does not work with ADS Flashlink. While you have Edge open, click on the three dots in the right corner and then "Open with Internet Explorer". That will work.
Thanks for the info. It does recognize my 7000as now. It shows that I have options to flash it and to change options. I'm still waiting on that relay to get here. Hopefully its here by Wednesday. Should I flash the device or just wait? I was under the understanding that the light on it should blink blue, red and blue twice before I flash it as according to their instructions.
kreg357 
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You can flash it now. Just set the options you want first. You should be able to set CM7000as options, too. If the relay you are waiting for is for the Keyless wire, then you should wait to do the vehicle programming.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2016 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
You can flash it now. Just set the options you want first. You should be able to set CM7000as options, too. If the relay you are waiting for is for the Keyless wire, then you should wait to do the vehicle programming.
Yes I am waiting for the keyless relay. I flashed it. Everything seemed to go fine. I will wait for that relay before doing anything else.
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
I got that relay today. I did the programming and it seemed to go ok, but when I try remote start, it turns over and the engine will run for a couple seconds and shut off. It will do that 3 times and give me a remote start error 8 code.
I have tried 3 times to program this module. Every time I do a factory reset then reconnect all connectors. If I then start the vehicle with my key, the module stays a solid red. Then I did part 1 of the programming with my usb cable which seemed to program ok. I put it back in the vehicle and start the vehicle. The led goes from blue to red and eventually rapidly flashes blue. I disconnected it and did part 2 of 2 which it said completed successfully. Put it back in my vehicle and the led flashes from blue to red multiple times before turning blue for 2 seconds. I turn the key off at which point the module should be programmed correctly, but my outback does not stay running when I try remote start. During remote start it will blink blue 3 times, then red once, then blue 3 times, then red once, then blue twice, then red once and blue 2 more times before giving up.
I checked the wires multiple times going to the relay and they seem correct. I'm using a DEI 8616 MINI CIRCUIT RELAY 20/10 AMP PREWIRED DIRECTED FOR CAR ALARM SYSTEM.
Is there anything that I am doing wrong here? It seems like it is able to take control of my factory alarm which it did not seem to do before and my keyfobs still function.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic