the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Subaru Outback Compustar 7000as Blade-al

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frank13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
I noticed that the starter had firmware version 3.03 on it so I flashed it to version 3.15 thinking that would help but it still acts the same. I have checked my wires. They seem to be good. I can start the vehicle with a regular key, the door locks work and it seems to disarm and arm my factory alarm. Is there maybe some setting that I need to change when connected to the usb cable?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
First verify a few things. You will have to properly remove the CM7000as w/Blade from the car and plug it back into
the ADS USB cable. Fire up the Flashlink program and check some settings. On the Blade Advanced settings, verify
that the Tach Output is ON. Next verify that the CM7000as Menu 2 - 10 is set to the default Tach Mode. Re-install
the module into the car. Next do a Tach Learn as follows :
Learn tach: Start the vehicle, hold the foot brake and activate the remote start by holding the Start Button for
3 seconds. The parking lights will flash once and the siren will chirp once to confirm a good tach signal. If
the parking lights flash 2 times and the sirens chirps twice, this indicates the tach did not learn. A few seconds
after the 2 flashes, the CM7 will flash parking lights to indicate the tach learn error.
If that goes well, try a remote start.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
On the blade configuration, Tachometer output is on. On menu 2 tach sensing type is set to optimal tach threshold. Engine sensing on that same menu is set to tach. Advanced tachless is off. I did not see any other tach settings other than that. It does not have have menu 1 to 10 on the 7000as side. It has option group 1 to 4 and special option group 6 and 7.
I did a tach learning by starting the vehicle, pressing down the brake and then holding the start button for 3 seconds. It flashed the light once and chirped once indicating that it is working.
I tried a remote start again and it does the same thing. IT will run for a couple seconds and shut off. It will do that 3 times before giving up.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Sure sounds like a Tach issue. Guess you could try Turning off the Blade Tach Output and running the CM7000as Tach wire,
CN5-17 Yellow/Black out to a F.I. ( any not-Red color at any F.I.). Then do the Tach Learn again and try a R/S.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
kreg357 wrote:
Sure sounds like a Tach issue. Guess you could try Turning off the Blade Tach Output and running the CM7000as Tach wire,
CN5-17 Yellow/Black out to a F.I. ( any not-Red color at any F.I.). Then do the Tach Learn again and try a R/S.
The tach wire is already ran to one of the fuel injectors. This is a boxer engine with two injectors on the left and two on the right. I just found the injector on the drivers side closest to the firewall and just tapped into the wire for that injector which was not red.
If I pull the blade module out and hold a key near the ignition, I can do a remote start and it will stay running that way.
I have been reading around trying to figure this out. I came across a site somewhere and they were saying that if the voltage is too low it may not work. I remember that my voltage is something like 0.4 volts ac on that injector wire. Should I maybe tap into the ignition coil?
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2016 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
I tried switching engine sensing to alternator and now it won't even attempt to start. It just gives a start fail 01 code. Its starting to get a bit chilly here in the Sioux Falls South Dakota area at night. I'm probably going to mess with it more tomorrow.
kreg357 
Posted: November 10, 2016 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The coil wire is another option. Even switching over to No Connection / Tachless ( Option 3 ) is another way to test and try.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: November 10, 2016 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just so there is no confusion, the Blade will supply the Tach signal it picks up from the vehicles CAN Bus via the docking connection. There should be no need to run a manual hard wire Tach from the CM7000as to the engine. So disconnect the CN 5 -17 Yellow/Black wire, make sure the Blade is set to supply a Tach signal, the CN7000as is set to Tach Mode and try the Tach Learn, then a R/S.
If that does not work, then turn the Blade Tach signal OFF, connect the CN7000as Yellow/Black Tach wire and try a Tach Learn and R/S test.
Soldering is fun!
frank13 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2016 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote frank13
I tried switching to no connection/tachless option 3. With doing that I turned the blade tach off and turned the advanced tachless option in the starter on. It would fire up once, the remote would think its running and then it would shut down, lock the doors and arm the vehicle. Also with this option it seemed like it did not learn the tach properly since it blinked 3 times.
I tried with the yellow/black wire disconnected by learning the tach from the blade. There it would start once, the remote would think its running and then it would shut down.
Then I also tried with the tach cable connected and the blade tach signal shut off. There it would try 3 times and shut off.
kreg357 
Posted: November 10, 2016 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Any Shutdown Error codes?
Remote Start Shutdown Error Codes
If the remote start sequence has been completed and the vehicle shuts down, the vehicle’s parking lights
will flash 4 times, pause then flash again with the error code. Tap button 4 on 2 Way remotes to initiate the
shutdown error codes. On 1 Way remotes hold the Trunk and Start buttons together for 2.5 seconds.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic