the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4113 Install on 2013 Highlander G Key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
esaah6 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
In the "Warning! Safety First" section of the installation guide, it says the following:
Except when performing the Safety Check outlined in this installation guide,
(1) Never remotely start the vehicle with the vehicle in gear, and (2) Never remotely start the vehicle with the
keys in the ignition.
Aren't we performing #2 when we try to activate valet takeover? LOL...these instructions are rife with errors and contradictions. They may manufacture a decent system, but they really don't like making things easier for the DIYer.
Let's do this!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Yea they don't cater to DIY
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
esaah6 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
Chev, thank you. The valet take-over works. The only problem is that I can't lock the doors when it's in valet take-over. I thought I would be able to lock them by pressing the lock button on the door. When I press it, the doors lock, but then immediately unlock themselves. Weird.
I guess this is true for the remote start in general. Once unlocked, it cannot be re-locked (at least not electronically).
Let's do this!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2017 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
That is why it is not recommended to use a one button remote start on a Toyota, you can't get PitStop Mode to work. Not only does Toyota turn off the factory remotes when the engine is running but it won't allow you to lock the keys in the car.
Some people have found a "work around". Check out the Pictorial on the 2013 RAV4 for more info. You might be able to do something similar to your Highlander.
Soldering is fun!
esaah6 
Posted: January 26, 2017 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
Thanks Kreg. I think I'm just going to bring my valuables with me whenever I use it, which probably won't be very often, if at all.
Thanks again, everyone. This will probably be my last post. It's been an adventure with high points and low points and you guys stuck with me every step of the way. I truly appreciate it. Best wishes.
Let's do this!
Page of 3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic