the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4113 Install on 2013 Highlander G Key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
esaah6 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2017 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
In regard to minor thing #1 (see last post), it may be caused by a switch on one of the panels as I haven't reinstalled the panels yet. I'll keep you posted.
Let's do this!
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2017 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
esaah6 wrote:
Hi Folks. Happy New Year! Well, I finally completed the wiring and everything works beautifully. Kreg, you da man! My fingers, back, and neck are killing me, but you know what they say: No Pain, No Gain.
Just two minor things:
1) When I shutdown the remote-start, the headlights stay on until someone physically opens then closes the door.
It looks like the Avital 4113 doesn't have a "pulse after shutdown" output. Normally, you would connect this output to your door trigger to send a (-) pulse after the remote start times out to "trick" the car into thinking someone opened the door -- and your lights would turn off.
You need to interrupt the AutoLight (-) wire at the parking light harness -- by cutting it -- with a SPDT relay. It should be the Green wire at Pin 12 on the 20 pin White connector to the left side of the steering wheel.
Pin 86: +12 constant fused
Pin 85: GWR output of the alarm
Pin 87a: AutoLight wire white connector side
Pin 30: AutoLight wire motor side
Pin 87: ** empty
I would also add a diode between Pin 85 and 86 -- with the band facing Pin 86 -- to suppress any voltage spikes after the relay is de-energized.
Avital 4113 Install on 2013 Highlander G Key - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2017 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The diagram above is a good way to prevent the Auto headlight from initiating during a R/S. Another way to prevent battery
run-down is to use the Arm output of the Viper to a Door Pin. It won't be instantaneous but the Headlights will shut off
after 30 seconds. This was mentioned in another Toyota Pictorial, the 2015 and up Sienna with H Key, and is copied below :
If your Sienna has Auto Headlights, be forewarned that with a certain sequence of events the battery can be inadvertently
drained. If the van was parked with the headlight switch in the Auto position and the van was remote started at night and
then remotely shutdown, the headlights would remain on until the battery was drained.   Connecting the R/S (-) Rearm
output wire to the driver door pin would make the van think a door was opened after the engine was turned off and
the headlights would be turned off after 30 seconds.
Soldering is fun!
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2017 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote prince504
kreg357 wrote:
The diagram above is a good way to prevent the Auto headlight from initiating during a R/S. Another way to prevent battery
run-down is to use the Arm output of the Viper to a Door Pin. It won't be instantaneous but the Headlights will shut off
after 30 seconds. This was mentioned in another Toyota Pictorial, the 2015 and up Sienna with H Key, and is copied below :
If your Sienna has Auto Headlights, be forewarned that with a certain sequence of events the battery can be inadvertently
drained. If the van was parked with the headlight switch in the Auto position and the van was remote started at night and
then remotely shutdown, the headlights would remain on until the battery was drained.   Connecting the R/S (-) Rearm
output wire to the driver door pin would make the van think a door was opened after the engine was turned off and
the headlights would be turned off after 30 seconds.
I thought the Factory Alarm Rearm wire only pulses right after the Disarm -- to lock the door right after remote start.
Or is it different with the Avital? Not familiar with DEI products.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2017 at 3:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You might be right on an Avital 4113 about the Rearm wire output. I'm not a big DEI user. Probably best to test this wire
with a DMM. Most DEI products seem to follow this Rearm wire description :
This wire sends a negative pulse every time the remote start shuts down or when the doors are locked with the remote.
Soldering is fun!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2017 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
The rearm wire should work for the door pin shutdown. I use it all the time on 4103s that way. I would think the 4113 is the same. It pulses a ground after shutdown
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
esaah6 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2017 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
Thank you everyone. The lights go out now. Awesome! One last thing...I tried using the valet takeover, but I can't seem to get it to work. The instructions say that I have to press the remote for 1 second, then I should be able to remove the key and keep the engine running. I tried, but it doesn't do anything. The car just shuts off after I turn the key to off.
Here's the backstory:   A couple weeks ago I tried to run the valet take-over by holding down the remote button for a few seconds while the engine was running with the key in the ignition, but I think that it messed something up (maybe I held it down for too long). After that, the remote start would run the engine for 10 seconds and cut out. I switched the engine check setting to off, and that seemed to fix it, until I reopened everything to attach the wires for the lights to go out (see previous posts) and maybe I crossed something, who knows, but after that, the remote couldn't even get the starter to run. Kept getting a low tach/low voltage diagnosis. The starter output voltage was good so I figured something got screwed up in either the pkall or the Avital. I decided to return the items and get new ones (actually got a better deal so it's all good). Plugged in the new ones using the wires and harnesses that I already soldered, and voila everything works beautifully.
Long story short, I'm afraid to mess around by trying the valet takeover as I believe this messed things up with the first one. It's so minor that I really don't mind, but if anyone out there has any experience with the valet takeover on the Avital 4X03 one-button, I would love to hear their input. Also, I would love to hear anyone's theories about what went wrong in the first place. Anyway, thanks again everyone. Your help was absolutely essential to my completion of this project. Best Wishes.
Let's do this!
esaah6 
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
I have the remote start programmed to activate with two pulses from the remote. Therefore, do I need to press the remote start twice for valet takeover to work? As per the instructions, I've been trying to activate valet takeover by "pressing the remote for 1 second". They don't mention if the pulse setting for remote activation affects the procedure for valet takeover, but I would imagine that it would. Maybe this is my problem. Like I said in my previous post, I'm afraid to mess with it until I can get a confirmation from someone.
Let's do this!
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
To activate take over you would do the same as you would to remote start the car ( 2 button presses ) don't hold the brake while doing it
As far as not starting after rewiring the lights maybe you partially unplugged a connector just enough to look OK but not make a connection
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
esaah6 
Posted: January 23, 2017 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote esaah6
Thanks Chev. I'll give it a shot when I get home.
Let's do this!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic