the12volt.com spacer
icon

Installing 3305v in 2005 F-250 Diesel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
Pre-Smart Junction Box Super Duties with RKE or the keypad entry are type B, (-) trigger. No additional relays are needed. The three wires for 2nd unlock are available at the GEM, VSM, or keypad module, depending on year.
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
I am trying to find the right wire colors for this for all of the doors.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
LOCK wire is a WHITE/RED (TYPE B) and the UNLOCK is a BLACK/WHITE TYPE B), BOTH are located in the Drivers Kick Panel, at the Door Harness.
the12volt wrote:
You will only need those two wires to lock and unlock all doors. If you want to do priority unlock, you'll still need those two plus the unlock lead of the actuator in the driver's door.
All of this should be covered in your installation manual.
Agdodge4x4 wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking its going to be well worth the couple hundred bucks to have someone else do this while I wait. I can certainly do it, but I don't know how long it will take. LOL.
the12volt wrote:
Bringing it to a qualified installer is a good idea.
Installing 3305v in 2005 F-250 Diesel - Page 3 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
I was HOPING to just fix the Matrix 10.5x that's already in it. But, the unlock relay on the board has crapped out and I cannot locate a new brain of any type that will go in its place. :(
That would be ideal. The thing as it was was good. It arms and locks, and it disarms, but it does not unlock. LOL. That's the only reason I'm considering replacing.
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
If the Matrix is still in your truck and you have not disconnected anything, then locate the black/white wire in the driver's kick panel and look for the alarm's unlock wire that is/was connected to it. There's a good chance it has a bad connection and just needs to be repaired/replaced. Again, having/providing the right information from the beginning would save everyone a lot of time and energy.
Installing 3305v in 2005 F-250 Diesel - Page 3 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
I was instructed on how to test the pins on the brain itself to determine if the unlock pulse was even being sent when unlocking the vehicle. I tested it with the guidance provided here and found no signal was being sent.
Is that not the correct way to check?
the12volt 
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Without searching for the thread where you received instructions on how to test the output of the alarm and actually being there while you tested it, I can't say if the output is good or bad, or if you have a poor connection at the alarm or at the unlock wire connection in the vehicle.
the12volt 
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
So I just found your 5 page thread from 2 years ago. You said "I can take a look inside and see if the solder connections are bad, but I kinda did that already and they look fine."
You can't always go by looks alone.
What happens when you apply a ground pulse to the unlock lead on the alarm harness pin? Do the doors unlock?
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Agdodge4x4
Im going to check that wire anyway. I appreciate your help and advice.
the12volt 
Posted: July 20, 2018 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
If you can easily get to the Matrix, there may be no need to check that connection. First try doing what I said in my previous post.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic