the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Nissan Sentra Base Door Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
themrzoo 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2018 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
Currently I'm installing a Cs-800s into the above mentioned vehicle, and I have the remote start functionality working, but am struggling with the locks.
The switch that controls them is what I thought, type B. Black - Ground ; Red - Constant 1.38V ; Pink - Constant 12V    .
My dilemma is, unless I'm missing a major factor, but how do I get it to unlock? The Compustar outputs two negative 250ma signals respectively to each function ( lock / unlock ). Locking works, simply connect the disarm to the red wire, and when the voltage drops the doors lock.
When I press unlock and meter both wires, red goes up to about 1.46V and pink drops down ( forget the exact readout ) .
If the response would be a relay, do I need a relay for both actions, or would I only need to do a relay for the unlock that sends a positive to red, and the negative continues to pink.
If any of you have a diagram for the relay, and an appropriate rating fuse ( 10A, 15A, 30A ) , please let me know.
Thanks!
themrzoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2018 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
I'm testing this at the switch itself, I don't know if that would directly cause this issue. I planned on wiring it properly through the plug by the kick panel, but wanted to get it to work prior, as this car has an adapter pedal system for someone with loss of function of their legs.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 22, 2018 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Power Lock      red      -      driver kick, door harness           
Power Unlock      pink      -      driver kick, door harness      
themrzoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
Got that down, found those in the kick and tried connecting there, but still my problem lies in having to send a positive to the lock and negative to unlock.
I have a relay setup as the following idea
unlocks negative -> converts to a positive - > lock
unlocks negative - > power unlock wire
The relay isn't functioning.
I have tried it with my 12v drill battery, which reads 10.46V output. I touch the trigger ground to the chasis, and I hear it click. But when I try to use the -250ma output from the alarm system, it gives no click. Same when its connected to the constant 12V from battery.
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
You need to send a negative pulse to the red lock wire to lock and a negative pulse to the pink unlock wire to unlock. Sending a positive pulse to either of these wires will do nothing.
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
themrzoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
Tried that, and nothing occurred.
metered the unlock sequence again, and same results. One goes up, one goes to ground.
wirewise 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
themrzoo wrote:
This is not correct and you do not want to use the same output from the alarm to lock and unlock this vehicle. You have Type B negative door locks. If you are getting 12V on one of the wires only during lock or unlock, then you have the wrong wire. If you have a test light, not a meter, clamp it to ground, then probe each of those wires (red and pink) without doing anything else. If the doors lock and unlock, then you have the correct wires. If it only locks or unlocks, then you only have one of the correct wires.
themrzoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
wirewise wrote:
themrzoo wrote:
This is not correct and you do not want to use the same output from the alarm to lock and unlock this vehicle. You have Type B negative door locks. If you are getting 12V on one of the wires only during lock or unlock, then you have the wrong wire. If you have a test light, not a meter, clamp it to ground, then probe each of those wires (red and pink) without doing anything else. If the doors lock and unlock, then you have the correct wires. If it only locks or unlocks, then you only have one of the correct wires.
So i tried just grounding the two to see what happened, and the lock one worked like normal, unlock sparked and did nothing.
So tell me then, because I'm confused, but there's only three wires going into the switch. Red. Pink. Black. The pink is constant 12V at rest only. Black is gnd. Red rests at 1.38V.
mgoetz74 
Silver - Posts: 424
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgoetz74
should just be straight negative locks on the red and pink wire in dkp. make sure on the compustar you are using the blue/black as lock and blue as unlock on the cn5 grey connection
33 years as a installer now just a retired old guy. Favorite thing to install/topic are remote starts/car alarms. Stop using test lights!!!
wirewise 
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
To avoid the spark and potentially any damage or blown fuse, you should have used a test light as I said.
Not sure why the wires on the switch are showing what they are and would have to see it myself to try to answer your question. Telling us one wire goes up and one wire goes to ground doesn't help us. Perhaps if we knew what color wire is showing what during unlock might help. Are you the original owner of the vehicle? Have there been other accessories added that have been tied into the door locks? What do you have connected to the unlock wire now? Are the door locks factory or aftermarket? Can you locate the unlock relay?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic