the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Nissan Sentra Base Door Locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
themrzoo 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
Test light wasn't available, but thankfully no blown fuse or damage as all parts are functioning.
When I press unlock and meter both wires, red goes up to about 1.46V and pink drops to ground.
I am using blue / black as lock, and blue as lock.
Original owner of this vehicle was an older man, left it stock except for his handicap pedal controls ( no electrical ties at all . )
Presently I packed the car up and have only the lock function working as it's pouring rain. Factory door locks. I could look for the unlock relay tomorrow.
Going to also try the other pink wires in the DKP, even though I've matched the one tied to the switch.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2018 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
The Lock and unlock wires are in the harness that comes from the driver's door and runs upwards into the dash. The lock wire is red with with 2 silver dots. The unlock wire is pink with 2 silver dots. To test set your meter to 12 volts. Put your red probe on a known good 12 volt source. Put your black probe on each wire to test if they are correct. Push and hold the lock switch on the inside door while you look at your meter. It should read 12 volts if you have found the correct wires. If your car has a factory alarm, then you need to find the arm/disarm wires in the same harness. The arm/lock wire is brown and the disarm/unlock wire is white. These wires are activated by turning the key in the outside driver's door key cylinder. Measure them the same way as the others. Turn and hold the key while watching the meter reading. The disarm/unlock wire requires a double pulse. The first pulse disarms and the second unlocks the doors. You should be able to program the system to give you a double pulse. Your system may be able to unlock and disarm the system prior to start and relock the doors after start. If not connect the disarm wire from the starter to the unlock wire and both to the white wire.
sparky
themrzoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2018 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
The car shouldn't have an alarm though. I've locked the doors, and then through the open window unlocked it. No alarm sounded.
That's where I'm truly confused. I'm gonna take another look tomorrow, as its rained all day, but.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2018 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Factory alarms take at least 1 minute to set up. Did you wait a couple minutes before you reached in to open the door?
themrzoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2018 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote themrzoo
Solved this issue.
Anyone who has done this car, wanna point me in the direction of the horn? I'm getting " High drivers kick panel " but...
Appreciate all the help!
wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2018 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote wirewise
Please share your solution for the door locks. What did you find?
~wirewise~ Verify all wiring with your meter before making any connections!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2018 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Horn info from Omega :
OEM Horn   GREEN (-)   32 PIN CONNECTOR ABOVE DRIVERS KICK
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic