the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, Remote Start Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kennyd. 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2018 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kennyd.
hey guys I need some help with installing the Aux wire from my remote starter for a 08 Grand Caravan SE. I would like to use this wire to activate the rear defrost. do I need a relay? Do I set it up as latched or pulse? I'm using a CodeAlarm CA5354 with a Fortin bypass.
thanks guys.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is a link to a Pictorial on your van. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=130163
It shows the Rear Defrost wire. You will need a 30/40 Amp relay to handle the current. It needs a (+) latched type output fused at 30 Amps.
Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kennyd.
Thanks for the help! May I ask where I can get the tach signals wire? Di I connect to injectors or coil pack? If so which wire what colour?
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kennyd.
Also do I need separate relays for the door locks? I can't seem to locate the wires from the driver kick panel for the door locks?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Which Fortin bypass module?
Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kennyd.
Its an Evo All. I dont know if it programmed correctly using their guide. Blue led just turns on (no key inserted). Then turning the ignition key on, blue led turns off. Turn ignition key off, blue led turns on. no flashing blue led like it says in the onle guide. Tried to remote start, using tackless mode in the code alarm ( door lock wires and tach wire not connected because I cant find the wires)
The ignition 1 pink wire (Evo All- yellow and yellow/red also connected) from the remote start is connected to the vehicle side of the pink and white stripe wire from the ignition harness which is cut like in the fortin guide. Connector sode of the ignition harness, pink and white wire connected to the yellow/green Evo All. The remote start accesory orange wire and purple starter wire are not used!
Using the fortins online trouble shooter, not knowing if I programmed the bypass module correctly, it mentions connect ground while running wire? The only wire similar to the ground while running, is the remote starters blue/black wire, called the start status/active output.
kreg357 
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Fortin EVO-ALL comes preloaded with Firmware Version 4.09. That should be all you need. If you download the install guide ( #5131 ), you will see on Page 1 all of the functions handled by the bypass module. These include Lock, Unlock, Arm, Disarm, Hatch, Sliding Doors, Tach, Door Status, Trunk Status, E-Brake Status, Brake Status and the immobilizer bypass. That is why your questions about locks and Tach confused me.
First verify that the white label on the module and box indicate Ver 4.09 firmware. The first step of programming does a Factory Reset on the module, clearing everything previously done. Are you going D2D between the EVO-ALL and the CA5354?   I am not a CodeAlarm user and can't find an install guide for your CA5354 system. The one guide I did find leads me to believe that it's D2D protocol is DBI. That will be a problem if it is. You must switch the EVO-ALL over to DBI if you want to go with the D2D harness. The EVO-ALL come set for another D2D protocol and won't work. If you have the FlashLink2 cable,. you can do this yourself. If not, you must switch over to the W2W installation method.
I guess at this point you should list all your wire connections, too.
Soldering is fun!
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kennyd.
My wires at this point is Wire to wire! The code alarm remote starters use flashlogic bypass modules! Only afew wires are used for the ignition with the evo all. The harware and software are the latest versions and meets the minimum requirments,
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kennyd.
I was hoping someone can help me where I can find the door lock wires and tach wires, ans where they are located!
kreg357 
Posted: September 24, 2018 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You might be right. I may not the best person to assist you with this install....
I'm still confused. If you are using a full featured bypass module that handles the caravans door locks and supplies you with a good Tach signal, why do you need to know their location in the van. Below is the wiring diagram for the Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module :
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, Remote Start Install -- posted image.
Lock is the Purple wire at Pin A2
Unlock is Purple/White at Pin A3
Tach is at the Pink wire at Pin A12
If Code Alarm systems only support Flashlogic bypass modules which use the DBI protocol, then you would need to set the EVO-ALL Option F3 as shown below :
This is done using the Fortin FlashLink2 cable pictured below :
But to finally answer your question, here is the info you requested :
Lock      VIOLET\DK GREEN (- 330 OHMS) DRIVER KICK
Unlock    SAME AS LOCK WIRE (- 100 OHMS)DRIVER KICK
This is a one wire multiplex lock system. You might need two relays besides the listed value resistors to make it work.
Tach Signal     NOT BROWN\WHITE      ANY FUEL INJECTOR
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic