the12volt.com spacer
icon

I Only Want to Connect/Use Keyless Entry/Exit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
horacecain 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2019 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote horacecain
Hello, newbie.
I purchased a alarm with all the options, a cheap one on eBay. It has the same color wires and parts as all others.
I am trying just to connect it to use the remotes to unlock and lock my doors.
The vehicle does not have power door locks.
This alarm system came with the 4 door lock actuators.
I just need to know how to connect it to use the door lock/unlock features
Thanks in advance
mr
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 27, 2019 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Have you removed the door panels to see if you can attach the actuators to the lock mechanism?
horacecain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2019 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote horacecain
Thank you for your response, yes I have removed the panels, I recently replaced all 4 door speakers and each door has access to the “rod”(s) with out interfering the window rolling up and down.
mr
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Posted: February 28, 2019 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram4.html
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2019 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Can you post the wiring f that came with the system ? I would assume if it came with the actuators the diagram would show you how to wire it.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
horacecain 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2019 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote horacecain
I Only Want to Connect/Use Keyless Entry/Exit -- posted image. I Only Want to Connect/Use Keyless Entry/Exit -- posted image.
mr
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 03, 2019 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
For the door lock portion you need to use figure 2 for the wiring. You do not need to use the relay diagram provided earlier, that diagram is built into your alarm system.
If you are not using any of the alarm features you will connect only the Black Brown and White wires of the system.
And the wires for the door actuators.
horacecain 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2019 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote horacecain
Thank you,
Ok refresh:
WHITE goes to Positive source.
BLACK to Negative source.
Where does BROWN go?
If I understand correctly, the driver door actuator has 5 wires on it and is the “master” the other units have only 2 wires, how do those connect to each other?
I appreciate your help and time.
mr
i am an idiot 
Posted: March 03, 2019 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Brown goes to constant 12 volts. White to an accessory or ignition power source.
Does the 5 wire actuator have a blue and a green wire? If so, use those 2 wires only. Connect all the blue actuator wires together and connect all the green wires together. Wire those as shown in figure 2. White to Blue. White/black to green.   
You should also connect the parking light wire so you can count light flashes to make sure it locks from a distance.
If the locks operate backwards, reverse green and blue.
horacecain 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2019 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote horacecain
Once again, thank you for your direction.
Unfortunately the actuator will not operate. I tried reversing the white & white/black also, no movement from the actuators.
I suppose there are other wires that need to be connected to something.
mr
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic