the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snow camo 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2019 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
iskidoo wrote:
You should take the hood pull cable and move it elsewhere. That could slowdown someone trying to cut the battery cable.
Thats actually a good plan. I'll have to figure that out. I know the hood adjar sensor is attached to the latch. Shouldn't be to hard to figure out something.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2020 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Hey I got the compustar, fitech sensor and idata link here with the wires matched up on the bench. I posted my setup on another forum and the guys say since the compustar brain has a blade port all I needed was a t harness. A couple guys have said harness and say they have no problems.
Is there any difference or benefit to using the idata module vs just an idata module like I have?
Also wanted to make sure I am to tap into the truck harness and not cut any wires at the bcm.
Thanks again. Looking forward to installing today since there's some down time.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 2 -- posted image.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 2 -- posted image.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The ADS AL-CA and the Blade AL basically do the same function. The Blade AL is a cartridge that can be inserted into a slot on the CS900-s brain module. Makes for a more compact unit but getting the Blade AL flashed with the correct firmware can sometimes be an issue. That's why I suggested the ADS AL-CA bypass module, more available and more sellers willing to flash the firmware. Assuming that you are going D2D between the CS7900 and the ADS AL-CA, the number of wires are pretty much the same.
As for a T-Harness for your install, iDatalink makes a T-Harness for use with their HC series units. There is no T-Harness made for the install if using a Blade-AL or ADS AL-CA bypass module. All but one of your vehicle connections will be tap connections. The trucks Green/Purple Immobilizer Data wire must be cut as shown in the install guide with the indicated bypass module wires attached.
Please note that there are two different Install wiring diagrams, depending on if your non-OnStar truck has the Factory Alarm system or not.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2020 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok great. Yes i plan to d2d the module. Thw ebay seller programed it per my trucks specs.good to know about the green/ purple wire. I got a bunch of line taps. I know they arent the best but for simplicity I'll tap as so. Should have it in by tonight. Thanks!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2020 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Well its all connected and the alarm does not control the truck. I'm thinking of trying to wire around the module at this point. Spent two weekends verifying wiring between the idata and compustar brain. Theres not much in way of wiring on the truck(like 9 wires per idata wiring diagram. Up in the air at this point ugh2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 2 -- posted image.
The only thing that functions is the imobilizer circuit as its cut.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2020 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
We'll, at this point perhaps we should drop back 5 yards and get very specific.
First, you said your truck does not have OnStar but does it have the Factory Alarm system? This info will determine which ADS AL-CA w/GM7 install diagram to follow, either Type 8 or Type 9. While we are getting specific, we should mention the guide number too, #66180. Just to verify, the seller did flash ADS AL(DL)-GM7 firmware and not DBI AL(DL)-GM7, correct?
While we wait for that info, we can verify that your set the ADS AL-CA Installation Mode to Data, one blink, and locked it in as shown on Page 38 of the install guide. As for bypass module to vehicle programming, did the LED provide the correct results during the entire 16 step procedure?
The ADS AL-CA w/GM7 install guide is very good but it does not show all the necessary R/S connections, omly the ones it is directly responsible for. Notice that it does not show the +12V constant power input connections to the R/S, CS7900 in your case. It also omits the Chassis Ground connection plus things like the siren output, etc. On the install diagram it shows the signal connections that are handled by D2D as Black and Red Dashed lines. Those connections do not get hardwired. But you should still refference back to the chart on Page 2 to see exactly what is handled / provided by the bypass module as it varies by each supported vehicle. Anyway, it would probably be best to have a complete wire by wire connection chart for your specific install with your CS7900, ADS AL-CA w/GM7 and 2014 Silverado 1500 w/o OnStar install.
Other important info would be exactly what worked and what did not work, i.e.
Does the Compustar remote lock the truck?
Does the Compustar remote unlock the truck?
Does the Compustar siren confirm these functions?
Does the Compustar alrm system detect a door opening when set?
What happens when you try a R/S?
   Does the instrument cluster light up?
   Does the engine crank?
   Do you get any Parking Light flash error code?
One thing to try would be a Factory Reset on the ADS AL-CA. This is shown on Page 39. It will not delete the GM7 firmware, only reset it to pristine - just flashed condition. After the Reset, set the Install Mode to Data and then go through the 16 step vehicle programming again. That might clear some problems if everything else is OK.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: March 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Here is the wiring if your truck does not have the Factory Alarm :
CM900-as w/ADS AL-CA w/GM7 in D2D   to 2014 Silverado w/o OnStar, w/o Factory Alarm ( Install Type 8 )
CN1
Pin 1 Red - Constant 12V ........................................................ +12V Constant
Pin 2 Green/White - Programmable Output ............…............. not used
Pin 3 Red/White - Constant 12V ............................................. +12V Constant
Pin 4 White - Accessory 12V positive (+) ............................... to Purple/Yellow X3 Pin 5 w/ADS Black/White
Pin 5 Blue - Programmable Output ........................................ not used
Pin 6 Yellow - Starter 12V positive (+) ................................... not used
Pin 7 Green - Ignition 12V positive (+) ................................... to Purple/Black X3 Pin 6 w/ADS Pink
Pin 8 Black - Ground negative (-) input ................................. Chassis Ground
CN3
Pin 1 Green/White - Parking light 250mA (-) output .............................. Light Green/Gray X1 Pin 22
Pin 2 Blue/Lt. Green - Lock 250mA, 800mS (-) output .......................... to Silverado X2 Pin19 Brown/Yellow
Pin 3 Blue - Unlock 250mA, 800mS (-) output ........................................ to Silverado X2 Pin 15 Brown/White
Pin 4 Black - Status/GWR 250mA (-) output .......................................... not used / handled by D2D
Pin 5 Orange - Factory Alarm Arm (FAA) 250mA (-) output ...…............ combine with CN3 Pin 2
Pin 6 Orange/White - Factory Alarm Disarm 250mA (-) output............ not used / handled by D2D
Pin 7 White - Horn:250mA (-) output........................................................ not used - alarm w/siren
Pin 8 Gray/Black - Hood Pin negative (-) input ....................................... not used / handled by D2D *
Pin 9 Light Blue/White - Brake 12V positive (+) input ........................... not used / handled by D2D
Pin 10 Pink/Black - Trigger start (-) input ................................................. not used
Pin 11 Pink - Trigger Start (+) input ........................................................... not used
Pin 12 Yellow/Black - Engine sensing input (A/C) .................................... not used / handled by D2D
Pin 13 Light Blue - Turbo Timer / Parking / Emergency brake (-) .......... not used / handled by D2D
Pin 14 Violet/Black - Trunk zone input ...................................................... not used - P.U. Truck
Pin 15 Red - Door zone input (+) ................................................................ not used
Pin 16 Red/White - Door zone input (-) ...................................................... not used / handled by D2D
Pin 17 Brown - Siren: 600mA (+) output ................................................... to siren
Pin 18 Blue/white - Starter Kill .................................................................... not used
* If truck does not have Factory Hood Pin, install CS7900-as kit supplied hood pin
ADS AL-CA w/GM7
White 10 Pin
Black/White to CM900-as CN1 Pin 4 White ACC1
Blue 3 Pin
White/Black to Silverado X3 Pin 2 Green/Purple vehicle side of cut wire
White/Red to Silverado X3 Pin 2 Green/Purple connector side of cut wire w/ADS Green/Red from White 6 Pin plug
White 3 Pin
Yellow to Silverado X3 Pin 15 White/Purple
White 7 Pin
Brown/Red to Silverado OBD2 Pin 6 Blue
Brown/Yellow to Silverado OBD2 Pin 14 White
Orange to Silverado OBD2 Pin 1 Green
Pink to CM900-as CN1 Pin 7 Green and Silverado X3 Pin 6 Purple/Black
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok great. I asked the seller about the flash and guide#. Waiting on a response.
Let me verify data mode
The comustar does not lock or unlock the truck or remote start the dash lights lit when the r/s feat is pressed on the remote and you can hear the compustar brain clicking but nothing. The truck did not come with a remote, but i assumed since the truck honks w/ confirmation when the lock button is pushed and doors lock the truck has an al alarm. The factory kit is just a remote and hood latch with a resistive trigger output from what I gather. See a fee guys actully buy it.
Let me run through what you have asked and get back to you.
Edit
The idatalink has a steady green flash indicating additional steps needed.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2020 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Sorry the idata green flash with ignition off means false ground while running.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2020 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok i set the idata to data mode vs standard. Does it matter if im not using the data cable shown in the diagram?
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic