the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2020 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I might be a little confused here. Just to clarify...
You successfully do the Factory Reset procedure and successfully set the Installation Mode to one blink Data.
Then at the third step of the 16 Step vehicle programming procedure, the LED flashes Red and never flashes Green?
Might be because the black ground and constant 12v on the module are connected in data mode? The ads diagram shows them not to be needed in data mode. I could disconnect them if that would change anything.
It is an "Either or" thing with D2D or Hardwired. You only plug one harness into that 4 Pin Plug. If you are going D2D it's the harness going to the R/S system. If you go Hardwired, you manually make the Power, Chassis Ground and Ground when Running wire connections plus all the necessary supported connections shown in Red or Black dashed lines. So yes, the Harness provides +12V and Ground and it is the only source for these signals. It appears to be doing that because you are able to Factory Reset and set Install Mode OK.
As for this 4 Pin plug on the ADS AL-CA on the same side of the module as the LED, that should only have the D2D harness going to the CN6 plug of the CM900-as unit.
At this point in the bypass module programming, all the ADS AL-CA needs is the power and ground from that harness, the Pink wire going to the trucks main Ignition wire,
the Yellow Passlock2 wire, the two CAN wires, the SWC Data wire and the three Immobilizer wires all connected to the correct vehicle wires. I am not sure of the sequence but at each turn ON of the ignition key, the bypass module sees it and does one phase of programming. These might be Passlock2, Transponder chip, CAN and SWC Data but probably not in that order ). I would once again double check all the connections to ensure that the proper ADS AL-CA wire goes to the correct vehicle wire.
If everything checks out, my guess would be either a bad ADS AL-CA module ( extremely rare ) or it has the wrong firmware on it.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2020 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok well im thinking the firmware is wrong. The seller replied yesterday and said if I needed help they would have someone call me. They did not confirm the firmware though.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2020 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Getting the bypass module programmed to the truck is pretty straight forward. The 16 Steps are simple with no exact/critical timing between steps as some vehicles/firmware's require. The install guide is very good with the location and color of the necessary wires well documented. Whether or not your='re going D2D or Hardwired doesn't really matter at this point. I would triple the check all those connections mentioned above, especially the CAN wires and have them call you to assist. Without the ADS USB cable, there is no way to verify the firmware loaded on the ADS AL-CA but they might be satisfied after working with you that all is correct on your install and send another pre-flashed bypass module.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2020 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Right on. Will do. Ill get with them and see whats up
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2020 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Seller called me and we confirmed firmware. I have decided to return the idatalink in exchange for a blade COM-BLADE-AL(DL)-GM7
Guide Number: 66183
The wiring is the same from what i gather
kreg357 
Posted: March 31, 2020 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Sounds good. With the Blade cartridge comes a 20 Pin connector that plugs into the CM900-as at CN-2. There are some wiring differences concerning the ACC and IGN wires. You will have to "cut and paste" the rest of the wires to the new connector but the colors are the same.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2020 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Yep I dont mind changing some wiring. I hope to be back in action by next weekend.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2020 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Atleast I still have the alarm. Theft seems to have risen. This really has been a fun experience I appreciate your help here.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2020 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
So I have the blade installed and still getting g the red blinking light during the program proceedure. Not sure what's going on at this point.
kreg357 
Posted: April 19, 2020 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, I guess we can discount the bypass module as the problem having tried an ADS AL-CA and a Blade-AL.
First triple the check the wiring connections to the Blade connector, verify that the necessary changes were made and quadruple check all vehicle connections are accurate.
My second step would be to perform a Blade Factory Reset. This procedure is detailed at the end of the install guide. Basically, you press and hold the Blade button while inserting the cartridge into the Compustar control unit. Then continue on with the Blade to vehicle programming steps. If the programming fails, please provide the exact Step the error occurred at.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic