the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snow camo 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2020 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Yeah man. Im going to throw the towel in on this one and just take it to a shop. Wiring should not be an issue, but apparently theres something missing or incorrect. Sucks as this is really simple. When ever I get this resolved I'll post my findings.
I appreciate your help.
Gm did change the wiring haness in different level trucks so thats likely my issue.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2020 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Wife says give it another shot, so I searched the net for blade red flashing light. All but one of the results come from this site. Good to know I am not alone in this. That being said there never really seems to be a complete resolution. I found some say install the blade start the vehicle, press the brake then attempt to remote start followed by lights flashing and vehicle shut off. Also it looks like I will endup purchasing the usb to flash firmware or check for the proper firmware. I cant say its been a nightmare moreso its just given me fits 😆
I'll see what I can do this weekend. Or I may just swing by bestbuy er somewhere that can check the firmware on the blade.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2020 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
With the ADS USB cable you will be able to check / flash firmware and also update the CM900 firmware plus set R/S options.
The Red blinking LED means different things depending on the firmware and application. A Red blinking LED with GM1 firmware on an older Silverado might mean a OBD2 J1850 issues while your application means something completely different.
As mentioned before, that vehicle programming process has several parts. Programming to the vehicles CAN system, learning the Passlock2 & the transponder chip and the SWC door locks. I don't know the exact sequence but the exact step it fails on will give a clue as to which wires to check.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2020 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Right on. Do you by chance have a part# for the cable I need to check/ program these units? Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
They can be found on EBay for ~$34.00. Search on "iDatalink ADS-USB Weblink Updater".
Amazon has them, too. Slightly higher price. The manufacturers part number is ADSUSB.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2020 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Hey do you by chance have a link to the site page i need to check the blade firmware? Ive tried and can't find it on the idata site
kreg357 wrote:
With the ADS USB cable you will be able to check / flash firmware and also update the CM900 firmware plus set R/S options.
The Red blinking LED means different things depending on the firmware and application. A Red blinking LED with GM1 firmware on an older Silverado might mean a OBD2 J1850 issues while your application means something completely different.
As mentioned before, that vehicle programming process has several parts. Programming to the vehicles CAN system, learning the Passlock2 & the transponder chip and the SWC door locks. I don't know the exact sequence but the exact step it fails on will give a clue as to which wires to check.
kreg357 
Posted: June 14, 2020 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
First I would download load the WEBLink Updater Ver 6.3 at this link :   
https://www.idatalink.com/support#tab=_weblink-plugin
To use the ADS USB cable, you will need to establish an account with iDatalink.
Here is a link to the WEB site :   https://www.idatalink.com/weblink/
Click on "Register a WEBLink Account" and signup as a Freelance Installer.
Once you have established an account you can Login on the same link.
Soldering is fun!
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2020 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok ive started an account. Downloaded the program and when i hit the flash your module link and get this brozer error 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 6 -- posted image.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2020 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
Ok im going through the firmware options for the blade and remote start alarm.
snow camo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2020 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snow camo
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Remote Start Alarm? - Page 6 -- posted image.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic